Neck Saver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Saver

I have a '99 Camaro Super Sport coupe, recently purchased, and I notice the seat back/'headrest' is too low to provide any whiplash protection should I get hit from the rear.

1. Is anything available that can be fitted to the existing seat/car to provide such protection?

2. If I need to go to entire new seats, such as 'racing seats', any tips on this?

3. I read in various places F body seats are largely interchangeable from one year to the next. Does anyone know if a newer Corvette seat (that would have a higher seatback) would be compatible with my ride?

Many thanks!

If you want to stick with GM, you can put Firebird seats in it, which are more comfortable and have more head and neck protection. I do not know if Vette seats are direct bolt-in, since they don't share any other common parts with the f-body except for the engine. Almost any racing seat will have head and neck protection, but usually at the sacrifice of comfort. I own a Firebird, and whenever I have sat in a buddy's Camaro or vice versa, one of the first things mentioned is seat comfort, and how much better the Firebird seat is. I have driven nearly 700 miles in a single day in my bird with no pain issues.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Thanks very much. I'll check it out.

Comment

Plus Firebird Seat Headrests are adjustable. You can Raise or lower as needed. This is kind of a strange Thread. Never heard anyone be so Concerned with getting hit from behind. hmm

Although I dont Agree with MN6WS6 b/c I get tired of driving anything greater than 3 hours (My '95 Civic was more comfortable ) I do agree that the Firebird seats are better than the Camaro Seats.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Well, everybody's body is different. I absolutely hate leather, whereas most folks like it. Last weekend I rode down with the folks to Sanford, FL in pop's 99 Chrysler Town and Country, which is fully loaded with leather, and I was miserable. That's only 525 miles. I drove from Lafayette, IN to Mobile, AL, which is right at 800 miles, in a single day only stopping for food, gas, and "liquid evacuation" (and all 3 in the same stop, too) in the bird and still went out to dinner that night with my friends with no ill effects. So it's all a matter of personal preference. But regardless, the bird seat is still more comfortable across the board than the Camaro one.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by MN6WS6
            Well, everybody's body is different. I absolutely hate leather, whereas most folks like it.
            I agree with you man. But looks a million times better.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
            X