Power antenna install help!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power antenna install help!!!

I just had a quick question before I purchased this power antenna for my T/A, if anybody knows the answer!
    I may purchase another power antenna that is the '98-'02 style. I heard the '93-'96 ones are different, but the only difference is in the mounting, you have to drill another hole to make it work. Now I'm being told that the connectors are actually different. Does anybody know off hand? I keep hearing that they ARE interchangeable, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help!
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

I upgraded to a power antenna and this is the one I bought and installed.

GM PART # 10402860 bought here http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

For what it's worth
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Looked at the parts manual this morning. 93-96 seems to have a different model. While the power connector Pos. 8 seems to be the same for 93-02, it seems to have a different antenna cable Pos. 9. Don't know though if the connector is different. I would assume that antenna signal connectors are pretty much standard.

Here are the pages from the manual in Adobe format. Antenna Partlist
      97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Just thought I'd post an update and conclusion to my thread.....I just put in the '98-'02 antenna in my '96 T/A. It will fit and wires hook up correctly, the only thing I needed to modify was the metal mounting bracket. Instead of drilling a new hole, I just unscrewed my existing one off the motor, and put it on the newer one, no problem! So it will work if anybody needs to know this
        1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Working...
        X