horsepower gains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horsepower gains

Ok now that i have all the stuff, I was wondering what the h/p gains are going to be around after i install hooker LT's (competition not super comp), hooker ORY, and LM1 exaust, with air and egr delete. I plan to get those things tuned out, but dnt have the money for a real preformance tune, what could the gains be with just the full exaust, and then, with a preformance tune.
    [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
    Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
    11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

i'd guess around 25-35 rwhp with a full exhaust and dyno tune.
    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

You should of not gone with the LM1. Its going to sound horrible, even more with an ORY and LT's. Your best bet was the LMII. You have to remember that the LS1 is not as nice sounding as the LT1. The LT1 has a little more "Grunt" sound which is good for the LMI, the LS1 needs a little tuning that is why the LMII is ideal. Your going to be looking at around I would say anywhere from 15-30rwhp with everything. Not the huge gain I think you were looking for, but a very good start. Like I said before, I would work on the suspension next. Pointless to have the power if you cant apply it to the ground b/c you have major wheelhoop or something like that. ha ha ha

P.s. How are u going to cover the hole on the top of Intake Manifold if your going to delete the EGR?
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

well i can always buy the lmII resonator it swaps easy. I was definitly thinking i would get more h/p outof that then what you people are saying, thats kindof a dissapointment for 1200bux, a full days work, and countless hours reaserching.

And i dont much care about spinning on the street its actually kindof fun, but I already have cheater slicks for the track, there dot approved so i can drive on the road with them, and they work awsome on the road, the tire barley turns even when i launch from a powerbreak.
        [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.

Comment

30RWHP is not shabby. That should put you just about 310-325rwhp total. You wont see major gains until you start messing with Heads and Cam. Some Roller Rockers are good for an Extra 20 ponies. Countless hours? Its pretty easy to find things for these cars.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
            Some Roller Rockers are good for an Extra 20 ponies.
            How tough a job is swapping rockers?
            I'm concerned about adjustment afterwards.
            My DD
            2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

When I do my Rockers Im planning on Changing the Springs and Retainers and everything. The rockers alone are not to hard to do. Should take you no more than 1-3 hours depending on your speed and skill. Adjusting them If its like your standard Small Block is pretty simple and not to time consuming.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

30RWHP is not shabby. That should put you just about 310-325rwhp total. You wont see major gains until you start messing with Heads and Cam. Some Roller Rockers are good for an Extra 20 ponies. Countless hours? Its pretty easy to find things for these cars.
                Not so much the finding but pricing and such, and learning about the egr and air and how to take that off and move it. I also just like to complain alot.

However i read an article from GM high tech preformance that said that the Ls1 engine for the F body was very under rated, and the Ls1 in the vettes over rated to boost the sale's of the vettes, because people would think twice if it was only 20 h/p difference rather then 40 (305/345). The people from Gm hightech said that most ls1 F bodies from 00-02 make 305-315 rwhp stock, and that most engines with a 10-15 % drivetrain loss actually make between 335 and 360 h/p depending on the ls6 manifold or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragkid1917
                  However i read an article from GM high tech preformance that said that the Ls1 engine for the F body was very under rated, and the Ls1 in the vettes over rated to boost the sale's of the vettes, because people would think twice if it was only 20 h/p difference rather then 40 (305/345).
                  The LS1 in F-bodies are underrated, but you have to remember that the HP rate that GM advertises is Flywheel HP. I dont believe you will find LS1's bone stock that will push 300hp+ to the wheels, unless its a freak.

Originally posted by Dragkid1917
                  The people from Gm hightech said that most ls1 F bodies from 00-02 make 305-315 rwhp stock, and that most engines with a 10-15 % drivetrain loss actually make between 335 and 360 h/p depending on the ls6 manifold or not.
                  I believe the LS6 Manifold came from 01-02 models. 98-00 came with your standard LS1 Manifold. I dont believe that any Stock F-body 98-02 will make 335-360 to the wheels Comepletely stock, but I can be wrong.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

no i mean, they say that the average stock LS1 f body is making 305-315 at the wheels, and if u work backwards, that would equal 335-360 crank hp. Idk its whats in the magazine.

Comment

The LS1 in F-bodies are underrated, but you have to remember that the HP rate that GM advertises is Flywheel HP. I dont believe you will find LS1's bone stock that will push 300hp+ to the wheels, unless its a freak.

I believe the LS6 Manifold came from 01-02 models. 98-00 came with your standard LS1 Manifold. I dont believe that any Stock F-body 98-02 will make 335-360 to the wheels Comepletely stock, but I can be wrong.
                      a stock ls1 will definitely make 300 rwhp. we've dyno tuned tons of them that have made it. usually an auto ls1 car 98-00 is around 305 rwhp. the 01-02 cars usually come in around 312 or so. change it to a manual and just basically add 5-8 rwhp.
                      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

I dont know if the air is better in Ohio but here in California It sucks or something. When I was a Part of Inland Empire F-Bodies, Most of the guys were M6, Intake and Exhaust and they were all mostly pushing around 315-320. So I dont know. I buddy of mine had a Bone stock '01 Z28 and he was pushing like 296 at the wheels and got it to 301 after putting in some Mobile 1. So I dont know.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                        X