Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper lubricant for rubber bushings like shocks and sway bar bushings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper lubricant for rubber bushings like shocks and sway bar bushings.

Hi Guys!

Is there any type of lubricant that wont harm rubber bushings like shock bushings and sway bar bushings and so forth.

I was just wondering because I have some squeeks!

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Replace then with Poly bushing.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I heard somewhere that we're not supossed to lube the bushings with anything.

If this is true, I'd have to agree - change any worn or squeaky bushings with poly.
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Graphite lubricant is about it, far as I know.

Comment

If you get Energy Suspension bushings they come with a little tube of Lubricante. Thats all you need. The stock Hard plastic bushings absolutly suck.

End Links- $16
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i just put on new TRW poly links and and bushings, and its the best thing i have done to the Catfish yet in the half year Ive owned her. Period.

I had some old elec contact grease from my Harley I dabbed on, oil-based; no squeeks yet...
            Mike, So. MD, USA
            1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

Working...
            X