coil issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil issues

hey guys i'm having issues with the wiring on the plugs on my coils it appears someone tried to test them with a test light and 3 of the 4 are open to the air and look as if they are about to come apart. Would it be possible to just wire in an accel super stock or super coil or any aftermarket style coil to that system? Anyone done this and have any pics of mounting location and wiring illustrations. Thanks ~Heath
    93 Red Trans Am, LT1, Auto, Custom CAI, Polished TB (mostly just looks nice lol), Flowmaster Catback, on headers, cam, and a few other goodies to get here. Debating on which electric water pump to use and whether or not MSD is that much better on these cars than the opti. More to come later.

What do you mean by "Coils?" The 93's only have one coil that goes to the Opti-spark. Then from there it goes to the Spark Plugs.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

sorry was just typing fast its a single coil its just the double plug wiring thats messed up. i have an accel coil laying around so I wanted to put it on.
      93 Red Trans Am, LT1, Auto, Custom CAI, Polished TB (mostly just looks nice lol), Flowmaster Catback, on headers, cam, and a few other goodies to get here. Debating on which electric water pump to use and whether or not MSD is that much better on these cars than the opti. More to come later.

Comment

MSD makes a direct replacement for the dual-plug coil used on the 93-95 LT1's.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

yeah i know they do and so does accell i just already had this super coil and wondered if anyone had rewired one to go in there. http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/90008878.pdf if you look at that link they make an adapter harness but i don't know where to get it i've looked in summit and ebay but didn't see it in the catalog and not on ebay anywhere. It appears to me that its just splicing the wires to make 2 instead of 4

Comment

The thing is, though, that you're making more work for yourself than you need to. You would be much better off getting a direct replacement coil, whether OEM or aftermarket, than adapting the harness to work with a coil that isn't meant for your car. Just because you have the part doesnt mean you have to use it. You can always sell it and use the money to get the correct part.
            Steve
            79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
            87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
            93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
            http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

good call i think i will just do that it will be much easier even though the wires are screwed up quite a bit I will just try and repair them. It looks as though someone has taken a test probe and probed them over and over. Until they are just so loose they are about to fall out and one wire is almost frayed in two.

Comment

Working...
              X