Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on changing 3rd gen motor mounts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on changing 3rd gen motor mounts...

Hey everyone,
    What a pain. I started to switch out my motor mount in preparation for my LT1 swap & stopped after loosing 1 bolt & 1 washer. This is almost impossible... and I have the motor out!! Does anyone have any tips/tricks on replacing these?

Thanks,
    Mark B
    No F-Body right now

Originally posted by Mark B
    Hey everyone,
    What a pain. I started to switch out my motor mount in preparation for my LT1 swap & stopped after loosing 1 bolt & 1 washer. This is almost impossible... and I have the motor out!! Does anyone have any tips/tricks on replacing these?

Thanks,
    Mark B
    I dont mean to sound like a Smart a$$ but are you asking how to remove the motor mounts or how not to loose the bolts and washers?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

How to remove the mounts without loosing the nuts/washers. haha

I know how to remove the mounts... but if you have ever tried to remove a 3rd gens motor mounts before, you know its no easy task. The nuts are inside of the crossmember above the A-arms. You have to get a wrench up there to hold the nut still while you ratchet off the bolts. If you arent careful, the nut/washer can & will fall down the crossmember. I was hoping someone here has done this before & found a trick to hold the nut without loosing it.
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Use a magnet. Have someone else hold the nut from inside the crossmember and have a magnet right on top. Should be pretty simple.

The best thing I was able to find is this :

3rd Gen/LT1 Swap
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
        X