Some tips and advice for the track....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
    Alright had a little delay, but will be going to the track tommorow. So from my understanding, i should drop tire pressure to around 22 psi, power brake at 1600 rpms and then just go right? I wanna get this right the first time so i dont look like an idiot! I will post my times when i get home wednesday night.
    I recommend you not worry about your reaction time. Just go for ET. Once you see the green then take off. Once you get your launches down then practice reaction.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Well its 12:30 at night and i just got back from the track. I'll have to say it is very decieving! Its way harder to drag than it looks. With that being said, i actually didnt do that bad. I picked up a best of 13.9 @ 100mph, with a 2.1 60'. The other 4 runs were between 14.03 and 14.2. So thanks for the advice you all gave me, with out it i woulda been running 15's! But i still need to get traction because i broke my tires every run.
      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

yeah invest into some suspension mods and some Drag Radials. You should be able to pull a 1.9 in the 60'. Thats where you should be and put you in the 13.6-13.8 area.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by RICEATER94Bird
          Well its 12:30 at night and i just got back from the track. I'll have to say it is very decieving! Its way harder to drag than it looks. With that being said, i actually didnt do that bad. I picked up a best of 13.9 @ 100mph, with a 2.1 60'. The other 4 runs were between 14.03 and 14.2. So thanks for the advice you all gave me, with out it i woulda been running 15's! But i still need to get traction because i broke my tires every run.
          maybe it's just where you live, or it's your car. my buddy chris runs his 94 z28 here at our local track. he runs right around 14.2 with tire spin every pass. his car has nothing more then a shift kit in it, and i do mean nothing. he even uses paper air filters from the part store.
          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Yea that's where i'm investing towards next. The relo brackets,control arms, and panhard. And i have my original 16" rims which i will get drag radials for in the future. Also, i think my rear end gears are hurting me a little bit because i have the 2.73's. But for now, i'm pretty happy with my time being my first time drag racing. The weather was actually really cool, maybe only low 80's to high 70's, but all of the ls1 ws6's there were running mid to low 13's, where they should have been in the high 12's.
            1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

No mid to low 13's is right for pretty stock LS1's. The 2.73's are hurting you. You could invest in a gear set or a stall convertor. But either way u need tires first. Go with the M/T drag radials. Those things are amazing. they are like $180 each. They fit right on the stock 16" rims.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
              X