Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Help)Is my car missing or is this just bad driving ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Help)Is my car missing or is this just bad driving ?

I changed my plugs,and as far as I know my car hasn't been missing,Well I let my older uncle drive my car(2005 auto mustang Gt owner AKA F-body hater),when he was driveing it, he would let the rpms drop under or right too 1k rpms, pause then floor it full throttle(at or under 1krpm)it would hesitate when he would do this(felt like a miss)in gears 2nd-4th,first it would not,when I floor it, or race, between shifts Im at 2.5k 3.5k rpms and never had this problem,I tried to floor it just right Know like my Uncle,going 10-15mph in 2nd at 1k and it felt like a miss,at 2k this will not happen please help ,Im very bothered by my uncles rude comments he was making about my missing and f-bodys,stang owners are so cocky, oh he stalled twice in my car
    ,my dad says he 's mad cause I got a car for 5k that can keep up with his 20kplus stang,he was hatin so bad on all new and old TA's and Z's
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Did Check Plug wires might be one sparking mine was doing that making it miss same way
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

spark plugs wires were just changed,So u think its missing,I thought he was just giving it to much gas at 1k,thats what my dad said, everone please give me your opinions,
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

go to a dark place turn off all the lights around you and start your car it will tell you anywhere on your wires or cap if you have any type or a random spark somewhere i did it on my old 75 the other night and you will be surprised what you see its like a damn neon light show if there is anything wrong. just make sure there is absolutely least amount of light possible. its an old poor man test for the cap and wires good luck
        94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
        94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
        75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
        1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
        GOT PSi?
        Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

Comment

If they put those little metal heat shields back on the plug wires when you changed the plugs they could be causing the miss too. You could try a little dielectric grease around the plug boots and where they connect to the opti. Honestly it could be a lot of things, bad cap and rotor, or a bad opti. Personally I think your uncle is just being an a$$. If the engine isn't throwing any codes I wouldn't worry too much about it.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

My guess its the Opti. My buddies 93 Z did the same thing. It would hesitate then rev up. We removed the Opti and it was all wet inside. it should not hesitate regardless of how low the RPMs are at. Yeah its going to take a little long to rev up but it should not hesitate. When put under a load like that more voltage is sent through the ignition system and that's where this issue occurs. That's my $.02
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Well if its the opti Ill wait to much $$$$,Im just finding it weird that after 2krpm's it wont do this,after 2k if I floor it u better have a neckbrace ,Well Ill live with it because it doesnt bother me ,I dont floor it at 1k,unless Im in first and the problem doensnt occur in that gear ,I didnt even think it was missing tell my uncle drove it,It seems like I cant find a good f bod auto shop here that wont charge a arm and a leg,Ive already changed the plugs wires and tranny and my car still missing, But it it's still real fast can still smoke those stangs

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                shifts Im at 2.5k 3.5k rpms and never had this problem
                And you wonder why you get bad gas mileage. ha ha ha

Try keeping it under 2000 rpms at all times and you will be amazed at how much better the mpg gets.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  And you wonder why you get bad gas mileage. ha ha ha

Try keeping it under 2000 rpms at all times and you will be amazed at how much better the mpg gets.
                  I do some time's

Comment

Save that kind of driving for the weekends.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Im just finding it weird that after 2krpm's it wont do this
                      At higher r's the opti advances the timing, probably why you aren't seeing the miss at higher r's. In fact when my opti started going bad the car would only miss when it got hot, it ran fine cold. The opti can do weird things so it's not suprising. If it's only a little bit of hesitation I personally wouldn't worry about it, mine took several months to go out all together. But I'd start saving. You can find AC/Delco opti's on ebay for a pretty good $'s savings, but read the fine print, there are some knock off's there too.
                      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

who floors it in second at 10- 15 miles an hour anyway. he was just tryin to make his car seem better. his will do the same thing if he drove it that way.
                        forged 383 LT1,11.5:1 compression,main girdle,custom comp cam,1.6 pro magnum rocker arms,ported heads,hooker supercomps,3"true duals,52mm throttle body,accel 300+ ignition,centerforce dfx clutch,B&M shifter,soon a 175 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1995TA
                          who floors it in second at 10- 15 miles an hour anyway. he was just tryin to make his car seem better. his will do the same thing if he drove it that way.
                          I have punched it a couple times like that just for the hell of it. Yeah you dont really do it all the time but the less there is something wrong.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 1995TA
                            My thoughts exactly

Comment

tell him it still kept up with that mustang even with it missing out then go show him
                              1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Working...
                              X