Third Gen Rims Fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Gen Rims Fit?

What do you guys think about these on my car? Would they fit with offset?
    Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.75 or 5 x 120.65
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Them would look so ugly on you're car just get some z06 rims
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

ZO6 rims are the ones I mainly wanted but they are so played out now. And I dont believe they would look ugly. They would look pretty much being nice and shiny.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

GTA wheels are by far my favorite ever on an f-body. I believe those were 16x8ish. 255x16...basically the same size as TA wheels.

They wouldn't fit...I don't think. 3rd gens need back spacers to fit 4 gen wheels, so they might stick out too far..

I think you'd be the first to stick 3rd gen wheels on a 4 gen...at least you'll be the first I've seen. I think it wouldn't look right unless you when up one more size...17 at least.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

those gta rims won't fit without spacers to adjust the backspacing. get somebody to photochop those rims onto your car and see what it looks like.
          87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Spacers wont help you. Those wheels will NOT fit your car without serious modifications. Well, you could put a 3rd gen rear in your car to make the back wheels fit, but the fronts will be almost impossible. They will stick out 1.5-2" further than your stockers.
            No F-Body right now

Comment

You will hate cleaning them. Been there done that.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                You will hate cleaning them. Been there done that.
                Oh yeah, I forget...tooth brush and rags. Not to mention sitting there, trying to get every gap. Not fun...again, been there, don't want to do ever again. BUT! When they are clean, it's sooooo right.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

they DO fit ur car, they stick out an inch on either side. just make sure they are FF and RR and not 3 of one or what not. i seen it done b4 if they were like silver it prob look better. they are 16x8 and the tires were 245/50ZR16.
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

The 3rd Gen 16x8" wheels have a 0mm offset in front, and a 16mm offset in the rear. That means the front wheels will stick out 2.17" more in the front, and 1.54" more in the back than the stock 16x8" 55mm 4th Gen wheels.

The rear wheel/tire will still be just barely under the rear fender, but the front will be at least 3/4" outside the fender. If you could find four "rear" 16mm offset wheels, it would work better in the front.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

They'd look like garbage, you can do better. Get a set of wheels meant for the 4th Gen.
                      Steve
                      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
                        They'd look like garbage, you can do better. Get a set of wheels meant for the 4th Gen.

Agreed. Your car would look like a "getto mobile" with the wheels sticking out too far. All you would need then is tires that are 4-5" shorter than your stockers & you would be set! haha
                        No F-Body right now

Comment

I'd give 'em a try, particularly on a dark car. Nice retro look, particularly to long time Firebird fans. I'd even consider painting the centers black. That polished rim would look great.
                          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

somebody needs to photochop them onto his car so everybody can see what they'd look like. i don't think they'd look bad at all.
                            87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

what'd i tell u about asking questions when you've been drinking?
                              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
                              X