console delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• console delete

Installed a ProForm shifter, and have been wanting more elbow room for my long arms, so I am leaving the center console out. Anyone else done this and have tips?

My shortshift sticks up with only the large OEM rubber boot coated in Black n' Shine bolted onto the topload, the OEM fake leather shifter boot now graces the E-brake lever after gentle prodding, and I used the stainless steel mesh I am using for grills and debris sheilds as a temp cover for the bare areas before and after the shifter. A Scottish tartan covers the airbag sensor for now, and my arm is so comfortable commuting now that I must finish this project right. The garage opener cubbie slides on the AC/radio dash with the OEM clips, and the changeholder fits aft of the shifter. Moved my stainless fire ext from between the rear seats to passenger side of the AC dash, bolted on with the big screw for the front of the console. Makes me wanna autocross!
    I will haunt carpet stores til I find the right grey remnant.
    I like the Proform shifter allot, $86 shipped from Northern.
    Pix when I can steal my kids cell...
    Mike, So. MD, USA
    1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Yeah I'd like to see some pictures.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

MDMike:

Why not add a "signature" so people can tell what kind of car you are talking about?

The "User CP" is screwed up, but you can reach the signature screen using the "Quick Links", and it will work, even though it gives you an error message.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

sig

Originally posted by Injuneer
        MDMike:

Why not add a "signature" so people can tell what kind of car you are talking about?
        Done, thanks. After driving almost a week without a center console, I am happier with the ergonomics than I thought I'd be, and my kid loves the interior delete look with the mesh covers, but I need a more 'finished' look without loosing the hot rod-sanitary look.
        Mike, So. MD, USA
        1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

This thread is worthless without pictures!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
            This thread is worthless without pictures!
            Agreed. Getting my prodigy to download his pix of my car is a slow boat while he is at 2-a-days and I am on OT at work. Raising def ends is tough business...
            Anyway, pix coming asap. BTW, on the rare occasions I need a cupholder, I found the good ol plastic Wedgie for $5 at Advance is the best temp fit so far.
            Mike, So. MD, USA

Comment

Isn't the hole in the carpet fairly large?

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03866a.jpg
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                Isn't the hole in the carpet fairly large?

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo.../DCP03866a.jpg
                [FONT=Book Antiqua]Somewhat, and the hole is oddly shaped. A raised boss at the rear is body color, also. Yours is for racing only?
                Growing up in 60s thunder road Appallachia, I adapt to an unfinished / unneeded trim delete interior easily as long as I am comfy...
                I have fitted steel mesh (matches my airdam, rear debris screen and grill inserts) fore and aft of the inner rubber boot, and the blue carpet covers the airbag sensor for now. The yellow tag is on the stainless extinguisher I bolted above the passenger footwell. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=8621609
                http://a321.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...9673fb3f08.jpg
                Mike, So. MD, USA

Comment

The photo is of a 97 SS that used to belong to a friend of mine. It was "under construction" in that photo. By that time it had become a "track only" car and was running under 8.5-sec and over 160MPH.

Mine is "track only" car, but I've managed to keep the interior somewhat civilized.... the shifter is a B&M Pro-Ratchet for a TH400. All fits under the stock M6 console and shift boot. I've been tempted to build an aluminum console. There are a few events locally that require the interior to have a console if originally equipped.

Fred

Comment

Quick. Sanitary. Nice job...

I'd have kept my console if the armrest was not so high, and it is my 3800 daily driver.
                    Mike, So. MD, USA

Comment

Working...
                    X