wheel offsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel offsets

To follow up on my earlier photoshop question (thanks again conelite), I found a set of C5 wheels that have a 53mmoffset. Now I know the offset should be 56 mm for trhe camaro, but the wheel maker says the 3 mm difference is not materially different.

Also, is the offset 56 mm both front and back?

Any thots about this?
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

(Welcome)

From what I heard, If your not running a really wide tire, you can go as low as like 36mm offset without having the tires past the fender. 3mm is nothing.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Offset depends on width, and how deep you want the wheels to sit in the wheel wells. Here's a link to a post I prepared for the FAQ on the "Wheels and Tires" forum at CamaroZ28.com:

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=17

A 3mm difference is less than 1/8". If probably isn't going to make any difference, unless you are talking about an 11.0" wide wheel.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X