No announcement yet.

Overheating at 100Mph in 115 degree weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the way home today I gradually increased speed until I was cruising at 105 mph. AC was blowing cold the whole time. I will look for a vacuum problem. If that doesn't work I will take it to the stealership.

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
      If that doesn't work I will take it to the stealership.
      Really!? Stealerships!? Like Chevy? Wow! I gotta check this out.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Where is the wide open throttle switch on my LS1? I think that may be the problem.

Comment

found a problem

PVC hose had extra holes on both ends.

What would cause that? One end looks burnt!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

So you found your leak ? or did the Kuwaiti Dealer? Glad you found your problem. if the rubber is degrades/ has holes. It may be other rubber tubes and etc. are in the same condition. It may be good to look closely at the rest of 'em, in your engine bay!
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

My Iranian mechanic found it. The part cost me $100. I also had him do the free "ram air" mod to my air filter assembly.

I think the problem is the vaccum actuator for the AC system. I know what it looks like, but I haven't found out where it is on the engine. They don't have the part in stock here anyway.

If I can find it, I can clean it, and maybe it will work. Since a previous owner has deleted the EGR and Air Pump, I don't know if my car still has it!

I have a repair manual on order, maybe I will have to wait for that.

Comment

Working...
              X