removing the opti

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing the opti

When i was trying to take off my balancer pully hub (to get to the distrbtr) , i couln't stop the crank from turning when i was loosening the c/s bolt, any techniques besides jammin a screwdriver in the teeth of the flywheel? if not then i'm over it and i'll cross my fingers when i try to start it up with the new opti spark adapter harness and new plug wires.
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Put it in gear and put the e-brake on.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

still working on my damn opti... but heres how I got the the c/s pulley from moving. The car is on jack stand relatively close to the ground...... we put a pry bar through the pulley holes and put the end against the ground. eventually the p[ulley wiull spin until its locked between the pry bar and the ground...... also, spray down the pulley with alot of PB blaster it makes the job much easier......
      1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

As Shoebox pointed out, with an M6, all he has to do is put it in gear. Can't get any simpler than that.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X