Im back...Need help time to restore car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im back...Need help time to restore car

After a year or so in the turbo world ive been giving this idea much thought. My firebird is ready for an update. Im getting closer to finishing up my first degree. I have my SRT-4 on 21 psi of boost. I want my firebird to be a beast now.

I want a N/A 10 or 11 sec car depending on the money differents

My mods thus far are in my sig. Ive talked with Lylod Elliot and i am going to go with one of their set-ups. I know there is alot of things under the hood i can get rid of for weight and performance.

I know i need a head and cam package

long tubes, off-road y

supporting suspension

weight reduction

roll cage, because i think they are cool

wheels/tires

intake ported for mods

58mm tb or so

fuel pump

injectors

fuel pressure regualtor and tune

best trans?

rear end?

Now what is the best combo for motor?

383 stroker? best supporting bottom end?
    should i purchase a built one or a kit and build it myself?
    best brands, companies?

head and cam setup?

Pros please enduldge, give an estimate in money
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Your SRT4 wont last you anywhere near al long as the f-body will.. with 22psi, its days are counted.. ha ha ha ha

What kind of money are you looking to spend on this 10-11 second car?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

HaHaHa, what is that supposed to mean? Was that meant to be an insult?

I am a f-body man. Ive owned mine for 5 years now. My father, and both brothers have owned or own firebirds. I have the pheonix tatooed on my back.

My Srt-4 will last just fine. Ive had it mapclamped and tuned by Dasmopar which is the biggest name in the Srt-4 world. My air/fuel ratio is perfect and i have all supporting mods. I didnt just slap a MBC on it to add boost. I have the best in parts and have researched and tested everything for this car. Im running 21 psi because that is a safe region for my turbo and its the boost my car responded best to. There isnt a boost leak on the car and i would bet i could give it hell all day long at the track and MAYBE go home with a broken half shaft. The SRT-4 was built to withstand the abuse of track driving.
      1995 LT1 bird
      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
        Your SRT4 wont last you anywhere near al long as the f-body will.. with 22psi, its days are counted.. ha ha ha ha
        Dude what's up with you and cutting people down?

If he mods his f-body and drives it hard or races it, won't that give him problems...or is he an exception to the rule? If he is, and he sold his car would that automatically make his car a bad car cause it's modded?

Detroit, it already looks like you know what you need to do. I'd strenghten the chassis, do suspension/rear/tranny, and open up your engine.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr

If he mods his f-body and drives it hard or races it, won't that give him problems...or is he an exception to the rule? If he is, and he sold his car would that automatically make his car a bad car cause it's modded?

Detroit, it already looks like you know what you need to do. I'd strenghten the chassis, do suspension/rear/tranny, and open up your engine.

Thanks for the back up friend. Im not going to start a war here because i have too much respect for this community. But Mr. Con, anytime you want to run my wimpy overboosting four cylinder aginst your LS1 ill gladlly accept. Youll see nothing but tailights right from the beginning.
          1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr

Man People Cant take Jokes now cant they. ha ha a ha ha Its a joke. Sorry for not suger coating things for ya Chris.

And Detroit, I Didnt mean no Bashing. Race you? Why, Im stock. Take the boost away and presto. My intentions were not to insult, Im just saying thats alot of boost. Simply.

Im used to something like 6-12 psi running 9's.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

im stock too...

but by all means if you were joking thats fine.
              1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
                I am a f-body man. Ive owned mine for 5 years now. My father, and both brothers have owned or own firebirds. I have the pheonix tatooed on my back.
                Not to change the subject or anything but im just curious. Does anyone ever give u crap or make fun because you have that tatoo on your back, because iv'e been considering getting the exact same thing done for about a year now but im not sure. Im not one to give into insults but still im curious.

Comment

I wanted a phoenix on my back for years now...I still do but the fiance says no. And its against what I believe, but I still think it's cool.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Aginst what you believe?
                    1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Aginst what you believe?
                      Its more like what the boss believes!!!. ha ha ha.. Im kidding Chris, its a joke.

Im guessing Religous reasons. I plan to get something that has to do with Pontiac and Chevy.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

O ok sweet...ya sorry didn't want to thread jack ya. Maybe i'll just start a tatoo thread in the off topic haha.

Comment

no i dont get any crap. but dont get it just because you like the car. do it because its a time in your life you were happy or somthing. make sure it has meaning other than likeing firebirds. if it doesnt have alot of meaning to you just get a t-shirt with a pheonix on it!
                          1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

no i dont get any crap. but dont get it just because you like the car. do it because its a time in your life you were happy or somthing. make sure it has meaning other than likeing firebirds. if it doesnt have alot of meaning to you just get a t-shirt with a pheonix on it!
                            I am in total agreement, in my case its not just a car...it was my first car wich made me very happy, not only that it also made me want to get into auto-mechanics and thats a very big part of my life. The list goes on.......

Comment

Working...
                            X