lt1 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 problems

I have a 94 formula just put a new trans in it and drove it for about 30 minutes and the car started missing crackleing and backfiring any one know what might be wrong with it

Thanks

Not a lot of info to work with. Is it possible they damaged or forgot to hook up the O2 sensors when they did the trans work?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

prob

I did the trans work and i never unhooked the O2 sensors all i did after the trans job was take the car to the car wash and hose of the motor and fill it up with gas and then the problems started

The other day i drove it and it cleared up and the got worse agiain The car is not throwing any engine codes so i just need some input on what to try to fix the problem

Any info will help

Thanks

Comment

prob

Also has rough idle sometimes and has high piched wining noise when u shut off the car for a couple seconds

Comment

Rule #1, don't wash an LT1 engines. You wil get the OPTI wet and it's downhill from there.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

I can tell you for a fact that hosing off the engine will cause heartache in the near future. I did that with my 93 Z28 (LT1) and ended up replacing the optispark due to it shorting out. No engine light was thrown but the car ran like crap. If it continues try to pull the optispark and dry it out. Also, check the plu wires and coil to make sure that the water didn't short anything there. Good luck.
            89 Firebird formula 350--95k on it, MSD ignition, full catback exhaust (flowmaster) 160 degree stat, custom chip from pcmforless.com, TPIS air filter, TPIS air foil, TPIS MAT relocation kit, built 700R4 with stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo.

Comment

Working...
            X