Switching a 99 Gauge Cluster into a 93 TA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching a 99 Gauge Cluster into a 93 TA

Hey everyone. New guy on the block. I am in the midst of doing some up grades. Amongst them I am considering dropping a gauge cluster from a 99 T/A LS1 into my 93 T/A LT1. Does anyone know of any compatibility issues?

Thanks

Welcome!

I believe their would be some issues. The odometer on never clusters are LCD displays and milage are kept both in the cluster and PCM...while older ones are analog.

Any reason why you're inclinded to do a swap?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Some fools

Had an issue with passing emissions about a year ago, to the tune of $1500, included in that package was a mechanic who "fixed" my temp gauge...as it no longer works, I was considering dropping in a new cluster and I liked the look of the later style. The digital display is nice, but I figured that would be the hanging point...Thanks, on to the T-top conversion.

Comment

I would look at the sending unit. Chances are it that got damaged during the 'fix' or it never got plugged back in. Have you checked that?
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

I thought the font was the same...the only thing missing the bezel, which you can add.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X