Fan Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan Problem

I have a problem on my 94' Lt1, where the high fans come on and stay on and it makes check engine come on. The car is only running at 180 degrees and the high fans should come on at 236. I think its a sensor but not sure which one to replace, if anyone knows let me know thanks.

Get the car scanned. You have it backwards-the fans come on because of the SES, not the other way around.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

And just for the heck of it, I'll guess the fuse for the AIR pump is blown = DTC 29.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Your right the fuse was blown, and I replaced it and it keeps blowing, then I start having the fan problem. So do I need to replace the air pump?

Comment

As a temporary solution, unplug the electrical connector to the AIR pump, then put a good fuse back in. The pump won't run, but it should keep the SES off. The pump only runs a few minutes after startup, then goes off. If you have emissions testing in your area, you will probably need to be looking for another pump. Lots of people that don't need to worry about emissions just remove it or leave it unplugged.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Worked perfectly thanks Rob much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X