Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil wires...

Hey everyone,
    I picked up a set of Taylor Sprial Pro 8mm wires for my 96 LT1 swap. I got the plug wires on, but the coil wire seems to be wrong. It has the wierd opti boot on one side and a standard 90 degree boot on the other. My coil looks like it needs the opti boot as well. Did I get the wrong kit? Are there different kits for different years?

In addition, I am planning on upgrading the coil to a MSD unit in the future. The wiring connector on my stock coil doesnt have the same connector that the MSD GM Blaster coil has. I am assuming that this is different from year to year as well.

What is the best way to go about solving my problems? Should I go get the new coil now and modifiy the wiring to work with it then use the coil igintion wire that I already have?
    No F-Body right now

OK, I went to taylors website & found the info on the coil wire I needed. It turns out I got the wrong wire set from summit. I still need to know about the coil though. If I need to convert to a older coil to upgrade it, then I mine as well do it now so I dont have to return the ignition wire set.
    No F-Body right now

Comment

Most aftermarket LT1 sets come with 2 coil wires (one to fit each type of coil). I guess yours did not.
      Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Hey Rob,

Im sure you get this all the time, but I have to thank you for the time you put into your website. It has proved to be an invaluable tool in my current project. Im not sure I could have finished my motor swap without it.
        No F-Body right now

Comment

Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Shoebox, thanks for your website

Rob, I have neglected to thank you for your site. I have used it a lot.

Thank You!!

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RangerBob
              Rob, I have neglected to thank you for your site. I have used it a lot.

Thank You!!
              Hey we can hijack this thread and turn it into a thank Rob thread. I don't know how many times I have referred to it and sent other people looking for help to it. Thanks Rob!
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                Hey we can hijack this thread and turn it into a thank Rob thread. I don't know how many times I have referred to it and sent other people looking for help to it. Thanks Rob!
                I agree.....Thanks!!!

but to keep the topic going, I had a MSD blaster coil about 4 years ago and it died in just over a year. Went back to stock and no probs.
                95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Working...
                X