SES Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Light

OK, so this weekend I crawled under my car to get at the air filter and give it a good cleaning. While I was at it I decided to clean the MAF as well. I went by OReilly's and got a can of MAF cleaner and off I went. The MAF was filthy. After a good spray down I put everything back together and started her up, (forgetting to plug the MAF back in...) So of course it threw the SES light. I realized my error and plugged it back in and things are running fine. My question is how long will the SES light stay on? I did this on Saturday afternoon and as of this morning the light is still on and I have probably started the car 10 times and driven about 60 miles.
    My DD
    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

If the SES light is on, it means the code is still "active". Check the harness connector to make sure you didn't bend a pin. Might be a good idea to get it scanned, to make sure you didn't forget to connect something else, like the IAT sensor.

The light only goes off when the problem is gone. Then the code will stay stored in the PCM until the required number of drive cycles are completed without the problem recurring.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Took to AZ

Code p0122 TPS low voltage

Replaced the TPS and the code went away.
      Old one was cracked, like someone banged it when they did the TB bypass...
      Wonder who that could have been

I guess I really do need to drop the cash for a code scanner...

Any suggestions on brands?
      How much is too much to spend for one? (AZ has one for $129)
      Handheld or should I go with a computer program and cable?

Thanks.
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
        Took to AZ

Code p0122 TPS low voltage

Replaced the TPS and the code went away.
        Old one was cracked, like someone banged it when they did the TB bypass...
        Wonder who that could have been

I guess I really do need to drop the cash for a code scanner...

Any suggestions on brands?
        How much is too much to spend for one? (AZ has one for $129)
        Handheld or should I go with a computer program and cable?

Thanks.
        I have both and I hardly ever use my computer. The scanner is more convenient.

I have an AutoXray. It works fine.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Harbor Freight sells an OBD-II code scanner for $40. One of the Moderators on cz28.com bought one and it worked fine. Only scans codes, won't read anything else though. Having a stand-alone unit that you just plug into the ALDL connector in a few seconds is a lot more convenient that hooking up the laptop, booting it up, for it to load, etc. I have AutoTap, and I don't think I've used it in 2 or 3 years.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
          X