Going to the track...who would win

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the track...who would win

this friday i am goin to take my '95 z28, CAI.ported heads,flowmaster 44 exhaust w/3" cut out befor the muffler. 275-30-17 wheels, A4. to the local track. my buddy has a '04 stang GT stock Manuel. Which car would most likly win. He wants to place a 50 bet. but i dont want to if the odds are in his favor.

sounds to me like you

Comment

do you have any experience at the track? does he? do your street tires hook at all?
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

U will no problem ,Ive beat plenty 99-04 stangs that were modded,but that was on the street,they have 260hp stock,if his rides stock u will beat him
        ,stock to stock there pretty much equal

1995 Z28 5.7 14.2
        1999 gt (same as the 04) 5.5 14.1

later
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

275/30-17 "wheels" would be a 23.5" tire, or 2" smaller than stock. With a rubber band like that, you will have "0" traction. Or could you possible mean 275/40-17 (25.65")?

Ported heads, but no cam upgrade? Who tuned it?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Like Fred said, Your going to have some traction issues. Your going to slip off the line. Your going to have to drop PSI and ease in the throttle at take off.
            I recommend you get some DR's or some 16's with more sidewall and drop that PSI down.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yes you are right they are 275-40's. And both of us dont have any track experiance.. he went once and ran a 16.9 and a 18 wich is because he is a horrible driver... hes not good at timing his shifts. my friend before me owned the car, not sure where he got it done. not the way i would have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by z28_Bignick_z28
                hes not good at timing his shifts.
                I dont know how you do that? I just shift right before it red lines. and thats pretty much it. If he ran a 16.4 in a GT then he was seriously slipping off the line like crazy. I was able to run very high 15's low 16's with my 1.5l SOHC honda. He needs to practice.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

he drives a stang..what do you expect...jk

Comment

Working...
                  X