Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to delete the EVAP system on a '95 Formula...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to delete the EVAP system on a '95 Formula...

... and not turn the check engine light on?

I'm just looking for other people's opinions on what they did. I know that it can be done by programming but I don't have that capability.

Has anyone used any type of eliminator to plug in where the EVAP Canister Purge Solenoid valve is located?

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

The only OBD-I diagnostic test of the EVAP system is the electrical circuit for the EVAP purge solenoid on the passenger side of the intake manifold. When you remove the solenoid, measure the solenoid resistance, and plug the same (or close) value resistor into the harness connector. That's it.

Question would be, why delete it? Recovers fuel vapor that would otherwise be wasted and stink up the rear of the car, and burns it in the engine. Actually saves you a tiny bit of fuel consumption.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

The reason to delete it would be the same as deleting the EGR, AIR, or moving the alternator to the A/C compressor location. It's just to clean up the engine compartment.

I can't imagine that the fuel vapors that are actually recirculated back to the throttle body have a significant impact on fuel mileage. Marginal at best I think would be a better way to describe it.

I will be removing the ABS next. Having it substantially increases my stopping distances once the ABS engages initially. After a quick lock up it reduces the brake pressure too much causing longer braking distances. Once it locks up I can modulate the pedal and stop the vehicle shorter. I've tried it on several occasions to great success.

I'm also trying to get as much weight out of the car as possible without harming it's functionability.

I still have cruise though and can't live without that.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

Working...
      X