Extremely disapointing track times please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely disapointing track times please help

I ran the same time that i ran with street tires, rear end, intake, muffler, and a tune.

Reaction-.674
    60 ft.- 2.069
    1/8-9.051
    1/4 et-13.964
    1/4 mph-99.70

Reaction-.556
    60 ft.-2.131
    1/8-9.158
    1/4 et-14.094
    1/4 mph-99.24

Reaction-.809
    60 ft.-2.050
    1/8-9.101
    1/4 et-14.054
    1/4 mph-98.48

Reaction-..389
    60 ft.-2.071
    1/8-9.147
    1/4 et-14.054
    1/4 mph-98.29

Reaction-.13.45
    60 ft.-1.997
    1/8-9.004
    1/4 et-13.934
    1/4 mph-99.44

i hooked preddy good with the new Nittos and some runs i went from idle and flashed the converter and others i revved it up to right before the tires started spinning.

i should be running better than this shouldnt i?

the car has sat for over a year and i changed the plugs like 3 years ago.

would that make that big of a difference?

shouldnt i be like 13.5?
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

60 ft.- 2.069
    1/8-9.051
    1/4 et-13.964
    1/4 mph-99.70

shouldnt i be like 13.5?[/QUOTE]

There are so many variables.......

What elevation?
    What track?
    What temperature?
    What humidity?

All of these plus more can influence your times. The 60' time looks acceptable for street tires, so you got some hook there. Headers would help, the stock exhaust manifolds are currently choking off the motor.

Comment

Reaction-.1345
      60 ft.-1.997
      1/8-9.004
      1/4 et-13.934
      1/4 mph-99.44

that was my best run for the most part besides the first run, my 60 was good. im running nitto nt555r extreme drags at 17 psi on the track.

im up in MI i ran at Lapeer which isnt the best track but it was just resurfaced.

I think i really need some headers. i want to build the car up i just dont have the knowledge to decide if i want to go with like a stocker or a 355 or nitrous or supercharger/turbo.

But thats a little down the road. I think headers, lower control arms, and relocation brackets are next along with some subframes.

I know i probubly need some new plugs and wires.
      1995 LT1 bird
      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

What are other people running with similar set-ups? Anyone with my set-up and headers?
        1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Yeah there is something wrong with your car I think. My buddy used to run 13.5's with just DR's and Headers and cut out. I recommend some LT's. You should be in that kind of area.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
            There are so many variables.......

What elevation?
            What track?
            What temperature?
            What humidity?

All of these plus more can influence your times. The 60' time looks acceptable for street tires, so you got some hook there. Headers would help, the stock exhaust manifolds are currently choking off the motor.
            +2 What were the track weather conditions?

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
            Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
            B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
            Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
            Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

well it was today,it wasnt very humid, my car was running between 160-180 degrees the track was the best ive seen it yet i was hooking preddy good ( i did good burnouts)
              1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

On my 95, I have long-tubes with a Magnaflow catback, pcmforless, 160 themo, 3.42 gears, tb bypass, subframe connectors, and Bilstien shocks. I have only been to the track twice ever, and both times the temp was over 90 with high humidity.

My best is 2.0 60', 101.5 MPH, and 13.7. This was on Goodyear street tires.

I think the difference is the headers.

Comment

but with my stall i should be running faster than what i am along wiht my tires and rear end
                  1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Without all the data that Joe asked for, there's no way for anyone to judge how your car is running, nor can you compare your times to anyone else's.

What is the track altitude?

What was the ambient air temperature?

What was the relative or absolute humidity?

What was the barometer reading?

Did they show the "density altitude" at the track or on the time slip? That combines all of the above into a single number that can be used to correct your numbers to "standard" conditions. Then you would have a ET/MPH that you could compare to others running under similar conditions. If your earlier runs, that you are comparing the recent performance to, were done on a cold, dry day, with a good barometer, and maybe even on a track at lower altitude, you may have actually made a good improvement over past performance.

You're getting decent MPH. Your 60-fts are OK, but could be a bit better. The 14+ second runs show a weak 1/8th and a decent recovery at the end of the 1/4. With the stall and the gears, I'd expect it to be just the opposite. Should be launching hard.

You basically have a CAI and a catback for more HP, and the stall, gears and drag radials should help you out of the hole. Seeing the pcmforless tune, along with the hacked up MAF seems to be a contradiction, since the tuners generally don't like to work with an MAF that has been altered. They have no way of knowing if the calibration table is still the right one.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I acutally dont have the descreened maf anymore. I have been doing alot of research lately. Mostly on The Golen site and they have a list of everything that needs to be installed to do internal engine upgrades (supporting mods). I dont really have any mods adding hp, the mods i do have are more for launching.

Im going to try some of the BG 44k Power enhancer and some of their other products and when i either get the time to do the plugs and wires i will. I think that those combined along with a good tune up, fuel filter, ect will help out alot.

The car has sat for about 2 years only being started and allowed to run until hitting temperature and then revved up to try to get some of the condensation from the exhaust and clear everything out. And she also got the occasionally short distance ride with NO insurance.

As far as temp goes and all of that i dont really know.

I know headers should be my next power adding mod.

I just dont know how far i want to go with the car right now, i really want to be in the 11s.

What really makes me mad is that my buddy has a 98 LS1 camaro and all he has is a cam,long tube pacesetters, a 373 gear, and a 3600 vigilante converter and he ran a 12.01 for his best run.
                      1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

I took out my cai and my mass air today to take a look at things. I took my MAF apart to check it out after talking with Bryan Herter at PCMforless and he told me to check the meter and the 3 little wires on the maf, they were jet black, probubly from oiling up the K&N. I used carb cleaner to clean them off now they are white again.

When i opened up my tb with the throttle cable to take a look at the blades, the back side of the blades were jet black, absolutly jet black with gross carbon. There is a huge build up, is it normally this bad at 102k?
                        1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

100mph is right about 13.9-14.1 for an LT1 f-bod. Seems on par to me.
                          99 SS, MTI Lid, 3.90 gears, Hurst shifter, DMH 3" e-cutout

Comment

how many mph can i expect to gain with long tube headers (hooker) offorad custom y-pipe?
                            1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Working...
                            X