95 camaro wheel bearings...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 camaro wheel bearings...

hey guys, lookin for some knowledge. 95 camaro has excessive wheel noise, and steering wheel shakes during braking. new ceramic pads and slotted rotors only 3k miles ago, and all signs lead to bad wheel bearings. can i replace the bearings, or do i have to replace the whole hub assembly??

The bearings are non serviceable. You have to buy the entire hub and it contains the abs sensor as well.

Comment

i took the tire, brake caliper and rotor off the other day, then took the 4 bolts off behind the hub assembly, but still couldnt get it off... did i forget to do something, or is it just stuck on there from years of dirt?

Comment

You can get it off...just needs a lot of effort. If you want to do it the cheap way you basically need a cheater bar...

Use a socket wrench, get a 6 inch extender with a spark plug socket and use that as an entention (your cheater bar) so you can get more leverage.

Works...just be sure your car is stable.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
          You can get it off...just needs a lot of effort. If you want to do it the cheap way you basically need a cheater bar...

Use a socket wrench, get a 6 inch extender with a spark plug socket and use that as an entention (your cheater bar) so you can get more leverage.

Works...just be sure your car is stable.
          What he said plus don't forget to unplug the ABS sensor from the back side of the hub assembly before you pry on it.
          95 Z28, A4, 3.23's and some other stuff....

Comment

Working...
          X