Window Motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Motor

I have to replace my friends 97 Firebird passenger side window motor and we already have the motor/regulator rivets drilled out. How do you disconnect them from the roller assembly to actually get it out of the door so we can replace it? Help would be much appreciated from anyone since his car is not running til the motor gets replaced, despite how much I am laughing at him for being retarded. Thnx

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
    1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Originally posted by braindeadracefan
    I have to replace my friends 97 Firebird passenger side window motor and we already have the motor/regulator rivets drilled out. How do you disconnect them from the roller assembly to actually get it out of the door so we can replace it? Help would be much appreciated from anyone since his car is not running til the motor gets replaced, despite how much I am laughing at him for being retarded. Thnx
    Prop the window glass up with a piece of wood or something to take the pressure off the motor and to keep the window from falling, then just pull the motor out. Make sure you take the speaker out so you have room to work.

If you drill the wrong rivets, it won't come out

Bob

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Shoebox has a how-to on the window motor replacement.

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
        Shoebox has a how-to on the window motor replacement.

http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
        Beat me to it! I used this info last year when I replaced my driver's side window. Great write up!
        2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
        "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

If you drilled out the rivets for the regulator, you just created a lot of work that you didn't have to.
          Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll pass it along, and maybe he'll figure it out today. I wasn't actually in on the project, just pointed and laughed on my way through the garage. He tried to sign up on here, but it wouldn't let him. ??

*Pam*

2002 Firebird 3.8 A/T - all stock
            1998 Ford Contour SVT #1578 of 6535

Comment

Working...
            X