Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best 4th gen camaro headlight ...

guys need brighter headlights..
    whats the best available headlight on the market regardless of cost...
    thanks in advance for any replies,
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Sylvania Silverstar Halogens. Part #H4666ST for my 97. But on my firebird it's a single sealed beam.
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

For the 93-97 Camaro's I dont know. Some people do custom set ups with projector lights. Some (like my brother) Buy some Generic running lights and custom make a bracket. The Light pattern on these cars suck. The projector ones are the best but Take some custom mods.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

There are some kits on the HID kits on the market...but for the easy of installation, Silverstars are the best bang for the buck.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
          Sylvania Silverstar Halogens. Part #H4666ST for my 97. But on my firebird it's a single sealed beam.
          They do not make silver stars for 93-97 Camaros. Firebirds use a different light bulb.

I bought some housings that I could get the bulbs out of and put better bulbs in them.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

They do not make silver stars for 93-97 Camaros. Firebirds use a different light bulb.

I bought some housings that I could get the bulbs out of and put better bulbs in them.
            Hmmm I stand corrected, Jeff's right, I just looked it up. My appologies, bummer that's a good headlamp. Nice bright white light.
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

were do i get the housings ?
              whats the cost of the housings?
              what are the best bulbs after i do get the housings??
              thanks again guys..
              ed
              1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
                were do i get the housings ?
                whats the cost of the housings?
                what are the best bulbs after i do get the housings??
                thanks again guys..
                ed
                I got the housings at AutoZone. They are just the standard light bulbs for the car. The difference is the bulb is stuck in the back and has a plastic retainer ring. So look for the housings with the plastic rings. After you get them just grab the bulb, twist real hard and they will pop out.

I then bought some fake HID bulbs from Advance auto. The say they use 55 watts but put out 110 watts worth of light. They are brighter and whiter than stock bulbs. Oh the bulbs are standard 9006 bulbs. You can stick any 9006 bulbs in the housings including the silvertars. I used RTV to hold the bulbs in the housings and water seal them. The factory wiring harness will plug right into the bulbs with no modifications. The lights for these cars cost $25-$30. The bulbs cost $30-$40 a pair.

2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

jeff,
                  thanks for the info...
                  new project oh yea..
                  ed

Comment

Working...
                  X