chrome headers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome headers

I was going to get chrome headers becasue there way cheaper then cermiac,Is there any reasons why I shouldnt get chrome headers,Is there any dsavantges,Will I be fine with chome headers
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

cermaic i beleive keeps the underhood temp down, and chrome is nice, but it will blue over time.
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Chrome retains heat, will discolor and turn blue. Then comes the rust and flakes. What you want is ceramic coated. Much better control of exhaust heat, keeping it inside the exhaust and out the rear. The underhood temps will be lower, they won't turn blue and will last longer due to the coating that prevents rust.

Comment

Chrome is useless on headers. Don't waste your moeny. Go with cera-metallic, or don't get any coating at all.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks,cause I was about to order chrome BBK headers,Ill save for some cer-coated edlebrock headers $150 more,they claim they will make ur car 1sec faster
          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Purple headers should only be seen on the Girly Trans Am
            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Edelbrock suffers from delusions of grandeur.... their LT1 parts seldom peform as well as they claim. You would have to pick up about 75 HP to reduce your ET by one second. Isn't going to happen with headers.
              Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                Edelbrock suffers from delusions of grandeur.... their LT1 parts seldom peform as well as they claim. You would have to pick up about 75 HP to reduce your ET by one second. Isn't going to happen with headers.
                Edelbrock claims that the TES Headers for the thirdgens will shave off a full second off your 0-60 time as well as your quarter mile time.

Granted thirdgen exhaust manifolds do suck but i still think thats an over statement.

Comment

Working...
                X