Paint shop advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint shop advice

I am currently in the process of pulling my car outta storage and giving it a little tlc. Shortly before i garaged it I had somebody back into it and put their trailer hitch right through the nose of the bird. She is gonna need a new front fascia and a repaint as well. Seeing as how the car is ten years old now and even though most of the paint is in pretty good condition i think i am gonna take it have the whole car repainted. My question is how much should i expect to pay for a repaint at a reputable shop and also does anyone have any suggestions about where to go in north-eastern florida? Thanks guys.
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

a lot of it depends on how much prep work the shop has to do, sanding/priming etc... so if you have a little "know-how" then it helps a lot. the quality of the paint job can determine the price as well. have you ever seen those classic cars at a car show that look like they have like 1/4 inch of paint on em? >$5000. color also has a factor: Black or white paint will be cheaper than ..say... deep metallic purple i'm guessing like under $1000
    -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
    2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

if you prep the car yourself...masking, removing pieces/trim...that helps with the cost and quality of the job. They know you're dead serious and probably appreciate the prep work. Some shops would cut the cost if you remove the from and rear facsias and remove the taillamp and reflectors...do the most that you can do yourself.

Doing this will reduce your cost and a piece of mind knowing they aren't gonna spray color on something that suppose to be black or shouldnt have paint on it....like your muffler or wheel wells.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

pianting our cars costs a rediculus amount of money, because there plastic and not metal. I went to like 3 places and the cheepest was 1800 for just painting the front nose of the car (everything infront of doors not just bumper)
        [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
        Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
        11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Well i didnt know that most places just let you bring in panels but heck i have no problem stripping off body pieces and prepping them for paint, especially if it will save me $. I just want to make sure that i get it done right.
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
          X