Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help(car wouldnt start)(dash said security)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help(car wouldnt start)(dash said security)

just like the title sounds,went into a store came out,the dash said security and my car wouldnt start,but the radio would turn on,waited for 5min then car started with ease,(what happened)what do I do if it happens again thank u
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

I remember that when I was up there your Keyless remote was some what dying or something. Maybe its triggering the Alarm to activate and thats why it wont start. Just a thought.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      I remember that when I was up there your Keyless remote was some what dying or something. Maybe its triggering the Alarm to activate and thats why it wont start. Just a thought.
      My keyless remote working's fine know,but that was my first thought also
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Clean the pellet on the key with alcohol. Not the good stuff. Save that for drinking.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
          Clean the pellet on the key with alcohol. Not the good stuff. Save that for drinking.
          lol That's great.

I have the same problem every once in a while. Chances are its the pellet on the key. Clean the contacts like Jeff said, and also clean the contacts inside the cylinder with a small swab and alcohol...again, not the good stuff
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Z Ya Later
            lol That's great.

I have the same problem every once in a while. Chances are its the pellet on the key. Clean the contacts like Jeff said, and also clean the contacts inside the cylinder with a small swab and alcohol...again, not the good stuff
            drinkin the good stuff right now, thanks Im going to try that 2 morrow,

Comment

Another thing, when mine did it, clening the pellet didn't work. I sprayed the key cylinder with AutoZone carb cleaner and that did fix it. That is good stuff. It dries without leaving a film like some do. That sounds like a 409 commercial.
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

There's two wires that run from the ignition keylock that broke on mine. It connects the pellet in the PassKey. Bad design, every time you turn the key the wires move eventually snapping. They even wore a small grove in the keylock from moving back and forth over the years. I had to rip the steering wheel, horn, turn signal, etc etc out to get at it. If all else fails, you might want to look at those wires. I went through the whole routine, cleaning the key, even bought a new key, yada yada.

Or

You can disable the passkey by installing a resistor at the bottom of the steering column where the PassKey system connects to the column. You just have to get the proper resistance off your key and match it.

How to bypass from Rob's (Shoebox) site.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

If you get a "mail order tune" isnt there and option to bypass that system???
                  1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
                    If you get a "mail order tune" isnt there and option to bypass that system???
                    Yes, you can "turn off" the need for the signal from the VATS to enable fuel for the engine to run, but you still have to physically bypass the Theft Deterrent Relay (TDR) to allow the starter to engage. If you currently have a Security light on, it won't make it go off.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X