Looking for my 74 Formula 455

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for my 74 Formula 455

I purchased this car in 1975 from Delmar Haynes Pontiac in Knoxville, Tn. I gave the car back to the bank in late summer or early fall of 1976 before going into the US Air Force. It was probably sold by the bank to a local person or maybe shipped to a wholesale auction somewhere in the southeast. It was a 455 car, automatic, Fire Coral Bronze with a beige or tan collored interior. It was loaded with options: Custom bucket seats, Custom trim, PWR windows, PWR door locks, A/C, Ralley Gauges, AM/FM Stereo, body side mouldings, wheell well trim, Tilt steering wheel, but it did not have the rear spoiler. I would be interested in any information anyone may have on this car. Please PM me if you have seen it or know of one that might fit this description. Any info would be appreciated. The VIN is 2U87Y4N161604. I have the original window sticker and I tried to post a copy of it but my file size is too large. Thanks guys. I'm new to this board but I have been over at the Performance Years forum for a while. I've got a 71 LeMans cloned to a GTO Judge, built 400, TH350 in Lucey Blue with a parchment interior. Love the Pontiacs and would really like to find this Formula!

Thanks,
    BJ Benton

Have you tried running the VIN on carfax?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Carfax can only run 17 digit vins.

Best bet would be to contact the Pontiac Historical Society, but I highly doubt they will tell you who has it now. The website is www.phs-online.com They can run the VIN for a fee and tell you all the details they can get about it. It's usually used by the cars owner to find out it's history and what all it came with from the factory. But if somebody does currently own it, then it might kick back on you since you are showing up further down the list. Worth a shot.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestins guys. All the on-line VIN search sites like Car Fax require a 17 digit VIN. The older cars with the 13 digit VIN return an error message. I've used PHS in the past but they don't provide ownership info. I am going to write a letter to the TN DMV and see if they can pull any history on it. I had a reply from a guy over at the Performance Years forum who knows of a car that matches this description in Springfield, Ohio. So, if any of you guys in that area have ever seen the car, let me know. I was told the owner used to (may still) work at M&M Restaurant Supply in Springfield. If you see the car, follow him and get his contact info and send me a PM.
        Thanks.
        BJ Benton

Comment

Originally posted by OVERULD
          If you see the car, follow him and get his contact info and send me a PM.
          Whoa, slow your roll. I'd use whatever legal methods you have, but when you start talking about following people, you're talking about getting shot. I can understand wanting to find a car you previously owned, as I have gotten attached to cars like that before, but asking people to start following red SD's around is asking too much. Use the internet to your advantage, and if you want to know that badly, hire a private investigator.
          "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Well, I would hope that most folks on this forum would understand what I meant by "follow him, get his contact info....." and know how to do that without getting themselves shot.

But.......for those of you who don't, try not to look too suspicious and, oh yeah, be polite and say please.

Comment

Working...
            X