T-56 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-56 question

Do they make forged internals for a Borg Warner T-56? I have seen a few shops that claim to be able to make the Tremec T-56 handle 900 horsepower but i have yet to see a shop advertise any kind of upgrade kit for the BW T-56. Anyone know any info about that or maybe have a link to a shops website that does offer a kit for one?
    1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Ask and ye shall receive.
    http://www.ddperformance.com/t56_partsupgrades.htm
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
      I bought every possible goodie for my built T56 from D&D.
      LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ws6drbob
        Do they make forged internals for a Borg Warner T-56? I have seen a few shops that claim to be able to make the Tremec T-56 handle 900 horsepower but i have yet to see a shop advertise any kind of upgrade kit for the BW T-56. Anyone know any info about that or maybe have a link to a shops website that does offer a kit for one?
        The Borg Warner T56 is the same tranny as the Tremec T56. B-W sold the design and production equipment to Tremec around 1997/8 and production was moved to Mexico.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ahhh you guys just made my month!
          1997 6-spd WS6 Trans Am

Comment

Working...
          X