Cam install odds&ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam install odds&ends

FOr anyone whoos done one or knows exactly what it takes, What extra parts should i have besides the main things like the cam itself, springs (the whole kit) pushrods, timing chain and in my case oil pump. Is there any gaskets i should have to buy, or that im going to probably wanto replace? Any oil of any sort?... let me know.
    [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
    Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
    11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

If your not going to replace/remove the intake manifold then your going to have to use the magnet trick to keep the Lifters up when removing the cam. Your going to need some assembly lube as well as all the gaskets. I recommend you looking for an LS6 intake manifold. The springs? Your going to replace just the springs or the rockers and retainers and keepers? Its not the easiest job if your going to do it yourself. I'd say about a 7-8 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the hardest).
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
    X