please help!!!! need ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help!!!! need ideas

i just bought a 1994 3.4 v6 firebird... it already has a cat back system and cold air intake...

i need other ideas on ways i can increase horsepower without a lot of money

Save your money for a LS1 car. Don't waste it on the engine. You can improve your suspension and get nice wheels and tires though.

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Welcome to F-Body.com!!

There are V6's running in the 12's - quick enough to put a damper on over-confident V8 owners . Isn't cheap though. Initial changes would include headers, a higher stall convertor if it has an automatic transmission, and steeper rear axle ratio.... maybe a set of 3.73 gears. Probably the biggest bang-for-the-buck in the HP department would be a 75HP shot of nitrous.... but I don't know the limits of the V6's, so the exact size of the shot would depend on what others have actually experienced with the 3.4L V6.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Headers & heads, 160-degree thermostat, you could do a cam i suppose....

i've always wondered: what if you took the supercharger off a pontiac GTP and slapped it on the v6 f-body? it probably wouldn't clear the stock hood huh....
        -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
        2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Originally posted by sk8boy7789
          i've always wondered: what if you took the supercharger off a pontiac GTP and slapped it on the v6 f-body? it probably wouldn't clear the stock hood huh....
          I think it was this board and not another I look at that asked and answered this question a while back. The thing is, there is no room for it but one guy did manage to get it to work. How he did it is beyond me.

But back to the thread, I got a sixer myself . Do some light mods like a catback exhaust (or just weld on a Z28 dual exhaust muffler like I did), and a CAI. Other than that save your money, trust me! One exterior mod I do reccomend though - the fill in "CAMARO" vynil letters for the rear. They really make the car look a lot nicer. Good luck with your ride.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

If you really want good power, the heads are the restriction. It's a good, tough motor. Get a set of aluminum front wheel drive 3.4 heads along with the FWD intake manifold. It will have a nice upper end kick when combined with headers, exhaust and cold air intake. 240 HP is not out of reach with careful attention to the combination of parts and tuning.

Comment

I also have a 3.4 in my car and there ain't much power there. i bother my dad all the time wanting to put a supercharger on my car. he thinks it will work b/c there is a lot of room.

Comment

Oh yea i forgot the best thing to do is save money so u can swap for the v8

Comment

Working...
                X