Interchangable parts... gen 4 to gen 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interchangable parts... gen 4 to gen 3

does anyone know what is interchangeable from the gen 4 to the gen 3 or the corvette to the gen 3?? just trying to get some ideas and was curious. And I'm talking pretty much anything besides motors. the motors are pretty universal in themselves as we all know.
    1992 RS 305 TBI, 700r4, 3:42 gears, Detroit TrueTrac Limited Slip, MSD wires, coil, cap & rotor, Hypertech Chip, 180 degree thermostat, 200 degree fan switch,

Are you asking only about Corvettes? Only about F-Bodys? Or are you asking about swapping parts, other than the engine, from the Corvette to the F-Body?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

that's a pretty vague question...
      87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Problem is that the C4 'vettes - depending on year - for example had several different engines (Cross-Fire TBI, L98 TPI, LT1) and two different manual trannies (Doug Nash 4+3, ZF 6-speed). After the engine, not much is going to be shared with the F-Body.... nothing else in the drivetrain, nothing in the suspension, no body parts, no electronics. I think GM might have pirated the rear disc brakes from the C4 for the 4th Gen F-Bodys.

Yes, you can put a 4th Gen LT1 or LS1 in the 3rd Gen F-Body, but only with a major conversion of the EFI controls, wiring harness, PCM, and in some cases the tranny. 4th Gen rear suspension is identical to the 3rd Gen. Front suspension is totally different. Driveshafts are the same. Rear axle assembly is identical, except for the fact the 3rd Gen rear is 3" narrower than a 4th Gen. Wheels have significantly different offsets.

Got to pin it down a bit more as to what specific parts you have in mind.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

it was a purposefully vague question. I just wanted to know in general if anyone knew of the areas that were interchangeable. I just bought a 92 rs and it's my first f-body so i was just curious.
          1992 RS 305 TBI, 700r4, 3:42 gears, Detroit TrueTrac Limited Slip, MSD wires, coil, cap & rotor, Hypertech Chip, 180 degree thermostat, 200 degree fan switch,

Comment

There are many part that are interchangeable from 3rd gens to 4th gens. Just to name a few....

Driveshaft
            Seats
            All of the rear suspension
            Some brake parts
            Clutch/pedals
            No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
            X