Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good year fierce tires

is this a good tire,Im thinkin about getting a pair today,there $292 for 2
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Why? How about a better tire for cheaper. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....speed_rating=Y
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

thats a good price, but not my size I have 245/40R17,Im finding it very hard to find somone that has this size in stock for a good price
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

That is an odd size. how about a 245/45/17
        http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....e1=yes&place=2
        It's .1 inch taller than a 245-50/16 which is the stock tire size.
        A 245-40/17 is 24.7" in diameter. If you have not reprogrammed your car from stock your spedometer is off now. The stock tire size is 25.6" in diameter. the 245-40/17 is a much closer match. What size wheel are you using" 17"x8"?
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
          thats a good price, but not my size I have 245/40R17,Im finding it very hard to find somone that has this size in stock for a good price
          I have a set of Kumho in that size. Good tread, make me an offer.

Comment

Go with something a little wider. We all know the one thing we can always use is traction.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

That is a good tire. I work for a Goodyear dealer and the tread is made after the Goodyear eagle F1-GSD2. Great wet traction and dry. Not good in the snow though. If you are running that size, you shold be running P275/40r17!!!
              That is what the WS6 packages and Camaro SS are running.
              89 Firebird formula 350--95k on it, MSD ignition, full catback exhaust (flowmaster) 160 degree stat, custom chip from pcmforless.com, TPIS air filter, TPIS air foil, TPIS MAT relocation kit, built 700R4 with stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo.

Comment

happy and mad

(HAPPY)Got the tires made a huge difference,car is getting very good traction off the line,

(MAD) well what should I do,the car is pulling to the right side very badly,Wasnt before,Went back to the shop and complained they basically.they checked the air pressure and it was 4 pounds low,And then told me it could be my front tires because i have side wear and I need a allignement, the car was still pulling after they put the air pressure to normal,I was going to go back,Im real pissed,dont u guys hate it when u take ur car somewhere to be worked and they screw something up,My dad called me and told me to give up because Im not going to get nowhere with the tire company,that i should get a allightment in the near future and call it a day,
                what should i do,what would cause this problem would it be because i have 2 differernt brands of tires??????????????????????///(frustrated)help please,should i go back and complain

Comment

Having 2 different brands of tires *may* have an affect on your handling, if one set is significantly softer or stiffer than the other- I am assuming, of course, that you are running the same brand tires as axle pairs, i.e. same brand on the front axle, same brand on the back axle-

I have experienced something like this before, not so much pulling as an istability in cornering becoause one end of the car would take a set and the other end would 'wallow' back and forth, making the car carve an unsteady arc around constant-radius curves.

You may need to adjust your alignment settings if you significantly changed widths on your tires- the steering axis center should line up with the center of the contact patch of the tire or even be a little in front of it for stability. Refer to another post in this forum about alignments for a little more info- I know that there are 'tighter' specs for alignments somewhere in Internet Land- the factory ones are quite a wide range.
                  2001 Z28 A4 - 160 deg t-stat, 3.42 gears, WS6 sway bars, rear springs and shocks, UMI SFC's, Torque Arm and STB, leather Firebird seats, Borla, SLP Y-pipe and lid, ZO6 cam and springs - 332 RWHP and 346 RWTQ, not bad for 'almost stock' - work in progress
                  "Black, the fastest color"

Comment

Working...
                  X