New Wheels On. Opinions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wheels On. Opinions?

Well, Thanks to Fred and a lot of grinding on the rear calipers, I was able to fit the rears. Then I placed The Spacers (1/4") on the front and tightened everything down by hand. Washed the girl and Bam. What do you guys think
    ?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Nice job man, those look sweet!
    Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
      Well, Thanks to Fred and a lot of grinding on the rear calipers, I was able to fit the rears. Then I placed The Spacers (1/4") on the front and tightened everything down by hand. Washed the girl and Bam. What do you guys think
      ?
      Nice everyone gonna try race you now
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Yeah took me about 1.5 hours of grinding and fitting and more grinding and fitting to finally get the rears to go on. My hands Hurt all day from the Vibrations of the grinder. The only problem Im having is the Right Rear Tire rubs just a little bit over bumps. But nothing major.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Looks great! What is the backspace on the 15x8's? The dish looks deeper than mine.

You can get a decent center cap from Weld. I put them on the front to cover the rusty hub. Left them off of the back since the Strange axle have a nice end cap on the hub.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
            Looks great! What is the backspace on the 15x8's? The dish looks deeper than mine.

You can get a decent center cap from Weld. I put them on the front to cover the rusty hub. Left them off of the back since the Strange axle have a nice end cap on the hub.
            Honestly Fred, I dont know at all the specs on these wheels. I have those cap things that stick out, but they need to be buffer out like crazy and I was beat so didnt clean them up. With time I want to get simple flush caps. I dont know if anyone makes them. All I know is these Wheels look BadA$$ and Hook Like a Monkey!!!
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

eddie, my man, that looks tuff as hell dude.
              97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Looking great, man. That will definitely be one of the better looking rides at the track.
                SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Much better than the black ones!
                  97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by Black97
                    Much better than the black ones!
                    LMAO

Thats the First thing my dad, my brother, and one of my friends said. ha ha ha.

The bad thing is I cant run them 24/7. I will run them once in a while. I like to hit corners like crazy and I sure cant do that like this, but it sure does look Mean. ha ha ha

Originally posted by Steel2686
                    Looking great, man. That will definitely be one of the better looking rides at the track.
                    Thanks man. Yeah My brothers like "It even makes the car look shinnier for some reason."

One of my buddies drove 40 miles at 10pm just to check it out. In his words, "Dude, Just stop there man, That thing Looks insanely sick!" ha ha ha

Not bad for $300 that I spent on wheels and tires. ha ha ha
                    Cant beat that!!
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Now this is the set up i need!!! Then i will finally get traction at the track. But i wont be finding a set like yours for $300! Guess i have to deal with no traction for now...
                      1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Yeah It was one of the best deals ever. My co-work/supervisor is a mean Gasser. Old School. He had them sitting there and asked me if I knew anyone looking for a light set of wheels, I picked them up the next day.
                        Paul Soliz
                        Some of his cars
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Nice deal. They make the car look mean!

Jim
                          President of N.I.F.B.A.
                          Live in the Chicagoland area, want to be in a car club?
                          Click here to visit the NIFBA

Comment

very nice looks a 100 hp faster lol
                            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                              very nice looks a 100 hp faster lol
                              Some guy at works all, "Looks ready to run 9's in the quarter."
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X