255/50/16 is ideal

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      255/50/16 is ideal
      only see 245/50/16 no 255's
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

You have to run the 245's or you can spend a little more money and get the much better M/T DR's. Those things are better then the Nitto's. You have to keep in mind thta the Nitto's need to be heated pretty well to make them hook.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Are you planning to run the drag radials on the track only, or also on the street? While the M/T ET Street Radials have fantastic grip, they are not going to be very friendly on the street - at least not when it rains. The Nittos are probably a better tire for the street, since they are a bit more forgiving in the rain.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

the nittos are amazing i have the nt555r extreme drag and would recommend them to anyone.
            1995 LT1 bird
            10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
            275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
            agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
            6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
              the nittos are amazing i have the nt555r extreme drag and would recommend them to anyone.
              Good for some street use. M/T's if its for more track use.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

ET streets hook awesome in the dry, they will scare you in the rain. Not good....should be a drive to the track, run and then drive home. The whole time you pray the weather holds...........

BFG drag radials hook good in the dry when heated, in the wet it
                is a little better than the ET streets, I don't think by much.

Nittos hook good in the dry and are pehaps the best drag radial if the weather gets wet on the way home. I think it's the best choice if you really intend to drive them on the street, not just a simple to and from the track on Saturday night.

None of these will channel water like a good street radial, so keep that in mind.

Comment

My BFG DR's were OK in the rain when they were brand new. I haven't driven them in the rain since then. I would assume that as the tread wears, they will become useless in the wet. They are pretty old at this point and still have most of the tread on them, since I usually have the full slicks on the car.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    My BFG DR's were OK in the rain when they were brand new. I haven't driven them in the rain since then. I would assume that as the tread wears, they will become useless in the wet. They are pretty old at this point and still have most of the tread on them, since I usually have the full slicks on the car.
                    That's pretty much the case. When the tread depth gets thin, the ability to shed water decreases. Tread pattern has some impact, but depth will mean more.

Comment

I ran 245/50/16's on my TTA. With a little 3-4 second burnout, roll up to the line, build boost and go. 1.61 with a stock suspension. Not too shabby for a little V6

They work great on both on the street and track. Much better than the BFG's I had on the WS6. Haven't tried either the MT or Goodyears, so I can't really comment on them.
                      Rob
                      04 GTO

Comment

I have the ET Streets and I would not recommend for street use if it rains a lot were u live. Here in So. Cal. it just about never rains so we never have to worry about rain and the"weather holding."
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                        X