Should I be concerned....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be concerned....

Yesterday I started the T/A up and "revved" it up a couple times and my buddy noticed black smoke coming out the exhaust on the last rev. We would only assume she is running rich then, I have never had this problem before, and there is no SES light, so my question is....what are my possibilities as to what "might" be going wrong? Or am I just over-concerned?
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

These cars are tuned to be rich from the factory. It helps prevent cat damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      These cars are tuned to be rich from the factory. It helps prevent cat damage.
      So really no concern? That would be the best news
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

Originally posted by 'STANGETR
        So really no concern? That would be the best news
        I would not be concerned unless the car shows black smoke under load or the amount of smoke with a rev is thick and constant. Heck, you could have just been blowing out a little carbon.

Comment

Working...
        X