• Show
Clear All

• i need a very quick response

someone i know is thinking about severely hooking me up

bbk ceramic headers and y-pipe

and LT4 hotcam kit

the price is giving away one or the other

how much power could i expect from this set-up

if i get a port and polish of the heads and do rings and bearings on my bottom end what can i expect?

is this a good set-up with my mods?
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

with a port and polish and if the BBK headers are longtubes with a LT4 hot cam...anywhere from 25-35 hp with your supporting mods. Probably more with a good dyno tune.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

im only going to pick up 25 wheel hp with a LT4 hotcam and headers with port work? shouldnt the headers give me that alone?

this kit includes 1.6 rr?

and oviously i am going to get it tuned?

i would think a easy 50 with just the cam and headers and a good tune with no port work?

if the cam is too mild, could i use all the stuff the lt4 kit comes with and just get a different cam?
      1995 LT1 bird
      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

Just being conservative. If you gain more, more power to ya...no pun intended.

Had a friend with 97 WS6 Hooker LTs, y pipe, flows, port/polish and was only putting down 297 rwhp without a tune.

So with a cam (specifically one with a higher lift/longer lobe), RR, yeah, it should put you over 300. But we can guess all day.

I bet with your mods, you should put down a solid 315+ rwhp if everything is in good/working order...tuned and tuned up.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

You should be able to pick up about 50rwhp with all the supporting mods. Roller rockers
          Push rods
          Headers
          High-flow cats

Should be in the 305-325rwhp range I think.

You can go with a more radical cam and get some more out of it, and If you get the heads Port and Polished then there is some more hp. The Tune after that and that should be 340+rwhp im sure.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

so if i want more than that in the future i am better off just and doing a head and cam combo and get the correct springs because the LT4 arent strong enough to support a wilder cam?
            1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Working...
            X