LS7 Clutch on T56 Shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS7 Clutch on T56 Shaft

I just bought this clutch kit. This should have the same Number of teeth as my Stock Clutch right? Should slide right on the input shaft right? I heard its like 17lbs heavier than stock, but thats better for street use. Does anyone on here have the LS6 or LS7 clutch kit? What is the difference between the 98-00 Slave and the 01-02 slave? I called Pep-Boys and they show the same Part Number.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

We've installed a few LS7 clutches in GTOs. As I understand, they are the same spline as the Fbodies.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
      We've installed a few LS7 clutches in GTOs. As I understand, they are the same spline as the Fbodies.
      What about the Slave. Whats the difference from the 98-00 and 01-02?
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

prob wether they are drilled or not
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Trash man (aka....88bird5spd)
          prob wether they are drilled or not
          Whats that?
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I'm not sure what exactly the difference between the slaves / masters is from 99-00 to 01-02.. But I do know that the 99-00 were prone to breaking quite often. If i were you I wouldnt mess with the older crap, get the 02 one, will be worth it.

I installed a RAM adjustable master and a RAM slave, but the slave started leaking. So i replaced it with the stock 02 slave, and it seems to be working perfectly now.

I also have the LS6 clutch kit in my car. It grabs great, and still has that stock feel to it. But i dont need to feel bad anymore when i drop it at >3k rpms

-Erik

Comment

Short version: your fine
              The 01 and 02's - the cars that have the LS6 clutch stock - also got a better slave as well. That part should be fine.

Long version. Pretty much the 98's-00's had the wimpy F-body clutch so GM put in the Z06 clutch in the later years to make up for their lack of foresight. The newer upgraded slave came along for the ride. The earlier slave was for the original non-Z06 clutch equipped cars. I believe the earlier ones if you go to the parts store will have you get the newer upgraded slave cylinger as the older version was superceded. A simple call to autzone, GM parts center at a dealership, or pep boys etc. will confirm the difference. Upgraded = better hydraulics than older slave

BTW your mail is full -

also don't forget to do the drill mod while your wroking in their
              Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
              Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
              pics and info

Comment

Working...
              X