Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Headlight Alignment / Adjustment - Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Headlight Alignment / Adjustment - Help!

OK. My SS was basically totaled and now, after 6 months, it's home and looks better than new. There are a few issues the shop overlooked.

The headlights beam pattern was perfect when the car was new. I was able to see the right side of the road and the pattern was evenly spread and high beams gave me a great view down the road at night. Now, the pattern is one patch, which is near the opposite lane of traffic. The driver side light shines in the oncoming motorists eyes and high beam is useless, way too high.

How can I adjust these myself to get the perfect beam patch again? Are there are any published specs for getting the factory alignment restored?

Should I go out to an abandoned highway like I used to do on my VW Bug and turn screws?

Any ideas? Thanks everyone.

They make machines that help you adjust headlights, but I would just pull it up to your garage door (or house) at dusk and turn the headlights on. Keep the car a little distance away and start turning the screws until it looks about right on the garage door (or house..). It might take a little practice, but it has always worked for me..
    1997 Formula WS6
    43,000 miles, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Ported Heads, Long Tubes, Borg Warner Built T56, Stage 3 Clutch, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange Engineering 12 bolt 4.11 Rearend, Nitrous Express wet shot.
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T
    18,000 miles, Stock, and staying that way (Daily Driver).

Comment

Thanks..

I found some information that is a bit more technical than the trial and error, garage door method.

http://www.fasidemedia.com/personal...lightaiming.htm

Comment

Working...
      X