Lifetime Warranty Drive Shaft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Warranty Drive Shaft

I was at the exhaust shop the other day and I heard a couple of guys talking about a drive shaft they saw on the internet. It's carbon composite, and according to them, if it ever breaks, you just send it back for a new one. They said it was about $400. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this.
    1997 Formula WS6
    43,000 miles, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Ported Heads, Long Tubes, Borg Warner Built T56, Stage 3 Clutch, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange Engineering 12 bolt 4.11 Rearend, Nitrous Express wet shot.
    2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T
    18,000 miles, Stock, and staying that way (Daily Driver).

Originally posted by 97formws6
    I was at the exhaust shop the other day and I heard a couple of guys talking about a drive shaft they saw on the internet. It's carbon composite, and according to them, if it ever breaks, you just send it back for a new one. They said it was about $400. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this.
    What is the rated torque/HP capacity? What is the critical speed?

I had the ACPT carbon fiber super HD (3.80" diameter) driveshaft, and it broke while the car was being driven from the engine builder's shop to the body shop, under virtually no load. ACPT fought with me for months arguing that is was my fault, but with the help of T. Byrne Motorpsort, who I bought it from, and after me going one-on-one with the ACPT engineer, they finally agreed to refund my money. Unfortunately, they would not pay for any shipping costs, or for the labor of replacing it.

There is very little HP to be gained with a light-weight driveshaft. There is a lot to lose if it lets go. You can get bullet-proof steel DS's from several sources, including Spohn Performance. I use only the Mark Williams 3" chrome moly DS.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X