No announcement yet.

Hypertech Power Progammer Worth Geting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypertech Power Progammer Worth Geting?

Hypertech Power Programmer III thinking of buying one for programming my fans what else would it do. anyone use one?
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Not much else. Big waste of money.
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

get a custom Tune.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I have one, and I only use it to turn the fans on earlier, remove the speed limiter, and to move the fuel shut-off up way high so that my MSD 6AL can have that job and be able to spray nitrous longer. I had the so called power programming in there but it didn't really do anything, so I backed it out and just used it for the above listed items. I scored mine for about $150 a few years ago, definitely wouldn't pay $329 or whatever they are now.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Got mine for $100.00 worked good when I went from 16s to 17s for the speedo. An fans an 160 thermostats an shift points. So if you can get one cheap go for it. Oh ya I also got 300 hp out it.
          Blazer

Comment

hypertech good if u want to take off ur govener amd rev limiter
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

They were big in the late 90's, then people realized they were junk. Only time I used mine was to correct my speedo for my 3:73. Since then I sold it and got a custom tune.
              Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Working...
              X