Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing seats

im not a ricer

i just like the feel of racing seats, i have the viper stlye racing seats in my srt-4 and my firebird seats have no support and i dont want leather

question is, is there anything i need to know, special bracket? height issues?

click
    click
    oviously the plain dark gray or maybe one with black and red or red and grey but only red accents or stiching
    1995 LT1 bird
    10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
    275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
    agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
    6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Those look like cheap junk.

Get a quality seat that will be durable and last.

Corbeau makes great seats and are very reasonable.

My ride is here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995RAMAIR

Comment

i like the bomz one in jsut dark grey. anything is better than my stock cloths
      1995 LT1 bird
      10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.

2005 Dode SRT-4
      agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!

Comment

A seat that cost $150 is going to be seriously lacking in quality.... may look good, but probably won't last, won't provide any sort of well-thought-out seating position, and probably won't stand up well in a crash.

Go for quality, or keep the stockers. Corbeau makes a custom slider bracket for the 4th Gen F-Bodys, so that would be one line of seats to look at.

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy..... If you have BOMZ racing seats.......

......you might be a ricer.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

This is a pretty nice seat for I think under $200 each. The brackets are about $40. I recommend getting a good seat not one of those ebay opens. Save yourself that Shipping cost and get good seats. Just look for a dealer near you. The MicroSuede is the seat Im planning on getting for my car. Its not to wide like TRS seat but a little wider than the GT7.

Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Where are those prices from Con? All the places I have looked the seats have been about $320 each and about $75 per adjustable bracket.
            1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
            1995 Silverado-beater truck
            2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

Damn Sorry about that, Here in So Cal. I have connections with a buddy that owns an Import shop and he hooks it up pretty sick. Go to Pep-Boys, They have some pretty nice seats for cheap and no shipping charges. Call around some Performance shops.
              Maybe look at the Scat Seats From Summit.

Check the Recycler!

Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i dont think there are pep boys in MI are there?
                1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

I heard your car has to be fast or you wont get any HP out of the seats!

j/k
                  Hercules

2008 Sunburst Metallic HHR LT

Comment

Detriot LT1 just curious whats faster ur Bird or srt-4,also whats faster stock
                    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

my firebird dynoed 250rwhp on a dynojet i ran a 13.934 with 1.997 being my best ever 60ft most of my 60ft were 2.0x fastest mph being 99.70

my srt-4 i have not dynoed yet

i have never ran my cars aginst each other but i have ran many srt-4s in my firebird and every time

my srt-4 ran a 13.9 at 99.27 100% stock on bald stock tires

that was at 11 psi i am now running 21 psi with all supporting fuel/intake/exhaust mods

friends with similar set-ups dynoed 280-310 with my mods in a 2850 pound car

in my srt-4 i have lost only to one LS1 with heads and cam

my srt-4 from a roll i am sad to say will smoke most high hp V8 do to the weight. from a dig is a different story but again my friends with similar set-ups run 12.8x on street tires and mid to low 12's on slicks. along with a good driver. the srt-4 would smoke my firebird from any speed im sad to say.
                      1995 LT1 bird

2005 Dode SRT-4

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
                        my firebird dynoed 250rwhp on a dynojet i ran a 13.934 with 1.997 being my best ever 60ft most of my 60ft were 2.0x fastest mph being 99.70

my srt-4 i have not dynoed yet

i have never ran my cars aginst each other but i have ran many srt-4s in my firebird and every time

my srt-4 ran a 13.9 at 99.27 100% stock on bald stock tires

that was at 11 psi i am now running 21 psi with all supporting fuel/intake/exhaust mods

friends with similar set-ups dynoed 280-310 with my mods in a 2850 pound car

in my srt-4 i have lost only to one LS1 with heads and cam

my srt-4 from a roll i am sad to say will smoke most high hp V8 do to the weight. from a dig is a different story but again my friends with similar set-ups run 12.8x on street tires and mid to low 12's on slicks. along with a good driver. the srt-4 would smoke my firebird from any speed im sad to say.
                        Im a big srt-4 fan,I was real close to buying one,but then i got a real good deal on my LT1 bird,2 of my close friends have srt's,very fast,Havent raced any of them,but Im planning to,Ill probaly buy one in a couple years when the price go's down,The only problem I had with them is they get no traction off the line,worse then my bird,My friend has a stage 3 kit from mopar,I was racing my dads wrx,and with the srt I was peeling almost all the way through 2nd gear,1st gear was completly useless,and 2nd was a fight for traction,were my dad did the 5k AWD launch and was gone, later sorry for the thread jacking
                        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Working...
                        X