Next Step?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Step?

Hey everyone, Im fellin the need for more power! Wondering what my next mod should be? I currently have a 97 Formula M6-BBK Ceramic Coated Shortys(No Cats), Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, K&N FIPK, Granatelli MAF, GM 4.10 Gears. Car runs great and has about 93000 Miles. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank You
    "You can't piss on what you can't catch."

I'd look into reprograming the PCM, they run rich from the factory and leaning it out some has been a popular and proven mod It's worth some good HP and you can do a mail order tune for pretty cheap.
    1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Any thoughts on which mail order tune?

Comment

Well, there's a few things. Get rid of the Granatelli MAF, as its not worth the money (sends false readings to the PCM for "added power") and run the stock unit again, esp. if you're gonna retune the PCM. Roller-rockers would help, coupled with a 52mm or 54mm throttle body (depending on brand) would add some power, and doing the throttle-body coolant bypass helps to free up a few horses. After that, retuning the PCM is a good idea. I recommend PCMForLess. After that would be heads and cam, but that's a little bit more work.

If you haven't done any suspension/chassis work, I would highly recommend doing that after the PCM tune. A good set of LCAs, panhard rod, SFCs, shock-tower brace, sway bars (or just better bushings and end-links), and a 1LE driveshaft will all make a difference in how the car feels and responds. Also, you may want to look at such things as your tranny mount, torque-arm mount bushing and, if needed, your rag-joint in your steering shaft. Hope this helps.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Thank You sounds like a good starting piont.

Comment

Working...
          X