A/C Problems...HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Problems...HELP!

My air conditioning hasnt been working. It doenst come out of the vents. It is like something is blocking it. But the weird thing is that it comes out from the bottom when i turn it on floor. Also, when i have it on max and as cold as it will go it will blow out hot air. I need to fix this! I cant drive my car during the day or i will have a heat stroke!
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

I think it's a vacuum leak. Check your vacuum lines under the hood to see if one fell off or is leaking.
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Yep it definitely sounds like a vacuum problem. The damper(s) arent operating.

Comment

Check Shoebox's site. He has a photo of the HVAC vacuum connection on the manifold, the check valve, the reserve canister, etc. It all starts at the vacuumm connection on the passenger side of the intake, toward the rear.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Ok i will check this when i get home. A couple of questions...if i find the leak, how do i fix it? And could this be hurting my performance any?
          1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Chances are the Hose just slipped off or cracked. If possible you can just cut about 1/4" of the end and slip it right back on. As for it not blowing cold air at all, Check to see if the Compressor is activating at all. If it does not then the system might have to be recharged due to a leak in the A/C Recharge valves.

These are 2 different issues.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Chances are the Hose just slipped off or cracked. If possible you can just cut about 1/4" of the end and slip it right back on. As for it not blowing cold air at all, Check to see if the Compressor is activating at all. If it does not then the system might have to be recharged due to a leak in the A/C Recharge valves.

These are 2 different issues.
              maybe not. If the diverter valves are not operating correctly, hot air enters the cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                maybe not. If the diverter valves are not operating correctly, hot air enters the cabin.
                Thats true. Could be that its only getting the air from the heater Core and not the AC coils
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Well here's something else that is weird. During the winter, it wouldnt blow out heat out of the vents either, just the floor. And just about a month ago, it would blow out a little cold air through the floor. But now it is just HOT air. So nothing has been coming out of the vents since winter. I just didnt really care much about it to fix it. But now that there is no cold air at all, it is really a PITA to drive it during the day. I mean there isnt that much summer left, but i dont plan on selling the car so its something that i would need to fix.

Comment

Still sounds like a vacuum issue. Vacuum runs both the diverter that controls hot vs. cold air and the one that changes whether air is coming out of the vents, the floor or the defrost. A vacuum problem would effect both functions.
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Okay thanks. Well i will check out Shoebox' site, and try to fix it. But i'm no mechanic and only know basics. Would this be something i can check myself or should i take it into the shop?

Comment

Working...
                      X