Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting EVAP...

Hey everyone,
    I am going to delete my EVAP canister. Where can I get a vented gas cap? Or is there a better way to do this?
    No F-Body right now

When you remove the canister, there will be a couple of hoses that aren't connected to anything. One of them is the vent connection from the gas tank. I took a piece of fine mesh fabric, wrapped it over the end of the hose to keep dirt out, and tied it tight with a nylon tie. That way, the tank can still "breathe" allowing pressure to escape via the pressure control valve in the vent system, and can pull fresh air back in when there is a negative pressure in the tank.

You do run the risk of fuel smell at the rear of the car, but mine is pretty much "trakc only".
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

That "vent line" is located in the engine compartment on a 3rd gen. I guess I should follow the line back & mod it near the tank? I doubt I want fuel vapors under the hood. haha
      No F-Body right now

Comment

Why do you want to delete it? As you see it will cause problems if you do.
        2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

what does it do?
          1995 LT1 bird
          10" 2800 stall coan converter,beefed tranny, supreme shift,motive 373 gears,3 inch catback with a flowmaster muffler, pcmforless tuned,slp cold air intake,tb bypassed, better flowing intake elbow, air foil,poly trans mount.
          275/40/17 Nitto NT555R extreme drags in rear

2005 Dode SRT-4
          agp billet adjustable wastegate,Maxxfab 3 inch catless downpipe, borla catback ,K&N drop in filter,mapclamped,tuned,mopar blow off valve, Prothane motor mount inserts,21 pounds of boost!
          6 dics cd changer, 10 inch MTX fully loaded with moonroof and viper style seats

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitLT1
            what does it do?
            When the fuel tank vents pressure, the charcoal in the canister absorbs the fuel (hydrocarbon) vapor, so only air escapes from the tank. Then while you are driving, the ECM opens the EVAP purge valve, and pulls air through the charcoal, picking up the hydrocarbon vapors, and burning them in the engine. Actually might improve fuel mileage a tiny amount.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

And it takes up room in the engine bay. Room that my air filter is going to use.
              No F-Body right now

Comment

In the 4th Gens, its in the rear fender, completely out of sight.

I kept all the emissions on my car as long as it was running on the street - EGR, EVAP and AIR. None of those hurts performance. I had what was basically an 800HP car that would pass NJ rolling emissions.... at least the dyno/tailpipe part. Unfortunately, they are now total Nazis at the inspection stations, and if they don't catch you there, they had mobile inspection teams that would set up a portable emissions dyno on the side or the road and start pulling cars over for a full tailpipe and visual inspection. I knew I could pass the tailpipe, buy no way I had a chance of pass a "visual" when the people in the mobile teams were fully trained in what to look for. That's when the car became a "track only" car....

Since then the mobile emissions checks have been changed to focus mostly on diesel trucks, so it might be easier to drive it on the street, but at this point, all the emissions stuff has been removed.
                Fred

Comment

Working...
                X