New Wheels No go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wheels No go!

So I Proceed to get my car ready to go race this past thursday (Last night).
    Wednesday I changed the oil, Weight reduction, Removed End Link from Front SB, And Cleaned air filter and TB.

I also put My new Wheels on the car. So Last night I went to the track. I set the tires at around 28psi (hot) and go into the water box. Heat them up for about 3 seconds, nothing amazing and stage. I launched at around 2300 and "BOG!!" I run an 8.9 with a 2.2 60'. So Next run I lower the psi to 25 and launch at 2600rpms. "BOG!!!" with a 2.17 60' and a 9.0 ET (Forgot to turn off the A/C). At this point Im mad and go up for the last run. Sit there and heat them up "Well" and launch at about 3100rpms and cut a 2.0 60' yet a 8.8 ET. I was having some serious trouble launching (first time on new Wheel/tire set-up) and shifts were not as fast as possible do to the POS clutch thats in it. I say would a lot more practice and the new LS7 clutch, and a 3400rpm clutch dump and PowerShifts I should redeem myself.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

bye bye 10bolt dont u just hate that? i remember i cut a 2.1 on a bald KDWS(one wheel wonder in my 88) then it was all down hill from here
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

no 1/4th mile tracks?
      1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
        no 1/4th mile tracks?
        No it was just the 8th. i dont plan on doing to much mods so im sure my rear should be fine. i have a hand full of buddies running 11's with their stock 10 bolt. all im looking for is 12's and thats it.. high twelves.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Way too much pressure for ET Streets. Drop them down to 16psi next time. What diameter are the tires.... 26" or 28"?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I agree, way too much pressure. I usually end up getting down to about 12 psi, launching at 3 grand with the 4.11s in the rear. I still spin a little. Might be time for some screws in the rims (so I can go below 10psi)
            1997 Formula WS6
            43,000 miles, LT4 Hot Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, Ported Heads, Long Tubes, Borg Warner Built T56, Stage 3 Clutch, Aluminum Drive Shaft, Strange Engineering 12 bolt 4.11 Rearend, Nitrous Express wet shot.
            2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T
            18,000 miles, Stock, and staying that way (Daily Driver).

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
              Way too much pressure for ET Streets. Drop them down to 16psi next time. What diameter are the tires.... 26" or 28"?
              I dont think its to much pressure If I was still bogging. From My Understanding you want just a little tire spin but still be gripping. I have 26" tall tires.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

With that much tire, and your power level, you need to do a huge clutch dump, and let the sidewalls absorb the initial shock. Try lower tire pressure (soft sidewalls), a very short burnout (a little less "sticky"), and as much RPM as you think the rear end will handle (ouch!). That's the problem with the M6 and a 10-bolt.... hard to get it out of the hole.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                X