how do i adjust my panhard rod...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i adjust my panhard rod...

i have a 95 Z28. noticed that the nut on the rod was loose this morning.
    got on it good several times this past week . anyways i have 17x11 inch wheels with 315 tires. the tire on the passenger side is rubbing inside the fender. i can see the marks on the tire and on the inside of the fender.
    the drivers side tire has of the same issues. the rubbing is only under load and torque. i guess its not Centered correctly.
    HOW do i center the rear using the adjustable panhard rod.
    its a sphoon model rod.
    any and all information very much appreciated..
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

It depends on what PanHard you have from Sphoon. Either way you need to open or close the PanHard according to what side of the car needs more space. According to the information u gave, you need to shorten the panhard a little bit.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Making the bar longer moves the body to the right (when viewed from the back of the car). Shortening the bar moves the body to the left. Even if you center the tires perfectly in the wheel wells, you may still have to roll the fender lips to prevent the body from torquing into the tire sidewall on hard shifts.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
        i guess its not Centered correctly.
        Don't be so sure about that until you measure it. The right rear spring fatigues faster due to the transfer of weight and torque.... it works harder. If the spring is fatigued, the squat that occurs is not level and the wheel and tire assembly relative to the fender moves in an arc. That motion can cause rubbing on the offending side. You might want to measure ride height and fender to tire gap at each corner to be sure.

Comment

Working...
        X