racing electrical

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing electrical

If I strip the wiring from my 96 ws6, install an aftermarket body harness(like a painless pro street), then reinstall the computer and engine harness with the obd2 diag port, will the pcm and diag port work like they are supposed to? Again, my experience going this far is with mustangs, and they are fine when you strip everything but the pcm. Thanks.

Could work. If its not going to be street legal then Im sure it will work. Some Guy did that in last months addition of GM High Tech on a 93 Z.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I must have missed that article. Able to be on the street yes, street legal no. I live about an hour south of atlanta (smack in the middle of mustang country), and the cops are really cool down here with crazy car stuff as long as you aren't a jackass driving it. No emissions tests either. I wasn't sure how intimately intertwined all of the modules and all were on the f body. Some cars will freak out on you if you disable the airbags and stuff like that. Does anybody have a wiring diagram of only what is required for proper ecu, engine harness, and diag port operation?

Comment

This should help.

ShoeBox
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thanks that is good stuff!!

Comment

Working...
          X