Cooper Zeon Recommended?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Zeon Recommended?

Im in the market for 2 front tires and I found these. The Tread looks mean and appears that it should be good for my car. Would This be a good Tire for me. Its a DD. They are H-rated which is 130, And I have Z rated tires out back. Should I go for Z-rated all around? or would I be fine like this?

Cooper Zeon
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

i had coopers on an older t/a. cobras back then. loved the hell out of them. great tires. as far as z rated all around... depends on how you drive. most of us dont go 120+ for very long in the real world. so that would be fine in my guesstimate for daily use. however if you hit the track regular or are just plain stupid and nuts enuff to go that fast (and have the coin to donate to city coffers and attorneys) on a public street i'd say youre probally safer with z all around.. that and good life insurance and maybe a helment? my current car had h's up front and z's in the rear when i got it. economically its ok and cheaper. but i had an unrepairable flat and went matched set of z and it seriously improved the wet/ cornering handling vs. what was on the car. which is where half the fun is for me anyway. went kumho ecsta stp z's vs. cooper zeon z's that day cuz that was the closest full set etc. available on hand and i didnt want to wait 3 days for special order. only $20 more a tire. ive been happy with both actually.- ron
    previous- '82 recaro. current-bone stock '02 t/a 6sp base model.

Comment

Yeah I dont plan On doing 120+ at all but I have has my car past that like everyone else, And I know those tires cant handle it. I was simply asking if it would effect my handling. I know that when I had H rated tires alll around and when I replaced the rears with Z tires it effected handling dramatically. Feels like a big rig on the highway.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

You get what you pay for, remember that. Me personally, I'd pay the extra for a good Z-rated tire, regardless of whether you're going to push the car that hard or not. But, just my 0.02.
        Steve
        79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
        87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
        93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
        http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

You will get better handling out of a z-rated tires.

Comment

I have Cooper Zeons, Z rated on my SS... They're the best tires I've ever had, far better than the stock F1s.

Comment

Originally posted by ReBop
              I have Cooper Zeons, Z rated on my SS... They're the best tires I've ever had, far better than the stock F1s.
              Which ones?

Zeon 2XS

Zeon Sport A/S

Zeon ZPT

Im leaning for the 2XS but they are not Z-Rated. The only ones that are are the A/S.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Sooper makes great tires. Hit up the Wolfman for details. I've had them and I can say they were well worth the money spent.

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                  Which ones?

Zeon 2XS

Zeon Sport A/S

Zeon ZPT

Im leaning for the 2XS but they are not Z-Rated. The only ones that are are the A/S.

2XS

They're awesome.

Comment

I have been using the 2XS tires for a couple of years now and I love them. Great tires in all kinds of weather, atleast compared to the other tires I have tried.

But I don't know if I would mix tire ratings from front to rear -you may want to double check with Wolfman on that one.

Randy
                    99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
                    93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

Working...
                    X